Sunday, November 13, 2011

{you know, this and that}

I haven't been as ambitious lately as I probably could have been. The days are blurring together and before I know it I've started Monday morning and it is already Friday night. I remember driving to clinic on Tuesday morning and wishing for the day to be over already and now here I am on Sunday afternoon and the whole rest of the week has just flown by. Sometimes I cannot believe how fast time goes and other times it just seems to drag on and on. When I sit down and think about it, we are almost already half way through November and that means just a few more weeks of class for the semester. Quite honestly I remember starting it and thinking it was going to drag on and here I am almost finished and sort of wishing it would slow down a little bit.

I had advising for my classes in the spring this past week (wait, I think it was probably last week)... anyways, it wasn't really advising. At this point in the game we already know the classes that we need/have to take. It really is just meeting with our so called advisor to write the classes down on a sheet of paper for her. Turns out this spring I will only be taking two classes. I am pretty excited about that prospect because that is even less time I need to be on campus. The classes are School Methods and Pediatric Amplification. I am unsure who is going to be teaching the School Methods class as the professor who used to teach it left at the beginning of this semester. The other class is taught by at least two professors from the Stevens Point campus and that I am kind of excited about because it will be easier for me to pay attention. This semester it has been SO hard to pay attention in class when all of my professors are broadcasting from the Madison campus.

I had my phone interview for my other externship placement this past Friday and it went really well. Actually, the audiologist pretty much offered me a position with them for my externship so if Green Bay doesn't work out I know for sure that I will have a back up placement; however, after my interview, I am kind of torn about where I want to do my placement. I really enjoyed my time at Green Bay and the audiologists there were really cool, but I really liked the sound of the Sheboygan placement too and the audiologist is very seasoned and I know that I would learn a lot, as well as gain quite a bit of experience in a private practice. So... now I am torn about where I want to go (pending the Green Bay placement thinks I am a better fit than Katie). Ugh! Decisions decisions! But I am really excited about it all and should know by the first of the year where I am going and then the real excitement begins!

Jay and I get new phones in a few weeks and I am super excited about it. Our current phone contract expires in about three weeks and it cannot come soon enough! Jay and I have been researching the best phone companies and plans to go with and what kind of phones we want. Got to do our research, hehe! New phones... I've been counting down for the last year to when we could switch our phone company. For at least this event time cannot go fast enough, ha!

Speaking of my lover boy... he left for the weekend to go do some hunting. Just me and little man at home and we are having a good time. We made some puppy chow on Friday, went to go see Puss in Boots yesterday afternoon and went ice skating for a little while today.

I had no photo shoots this weekend and have finished editing the ones I did last weekend. This weekend was dedicated to doing laundry, cleaning a few things, and getting productive with some homework and my capstone project.

We got this freak snow storm this past week and got WAY more snow that I am comfortable with this past week. I could have cried. Okay, so it really wasn't that much of a freak storm because it is perfectly logical for us to get snow this time of the year, but I am not ready for snow just yet and the fact that the majority of it probably won't melt until spring sometime is really kind of depressing... but I am trying not to let it get me down.

Here are a few photos from the last week or so that I have been meaning to post, but haven’t… since I have been such a bad blogger. My little man definitely needs a haircut sometime soon. Probably before my cousin’s upcoming wedding in two weeks.IMG_3008If you haven’t heard of the website Pinterest, I don’t know where you have been. I found this super cool supper idea on it a few weeks ago and really wanted to try it out. It looked easy enough and fun and something that I know Ayden would definitely eat. You basically skewer cut up hotdogs with uncooked spaghetti noodles and then cook the noodles. Looks grosser (is that a word?) than it actually is!IMG_3010IMG_3011IMG_3012Here is the finished product! We actually put some alfredo sauce on top of our noodles to add some flavor, but I wanted the picture to show the end product without the sauce. And of course you cannot forget the huge honey crisp apple in the background or the can of Dr. Pepper 10 either! I had to admit that Jay has converted me to a Dr. Pepper fan, despite the fact that I don’t drink a whole lot of soda anymore.IMG_3018And then because I cannot get enough of this lovely face I just had to post some more pictures of him working on some homework after school (and play around with my flash some more). He doesn’t actually get a lot of homework yet in second grade, but we have a few things that we work on each day after school and we have been pretty good at keeping up with it each week so far. IMG_3019IMG_3021IMG_3023IMG_3024IMG_3027IMG_3028IMG_3031IMG_3033Other than life moving at warp speed these days, things have been going pretty good lately. I’ve had a few instances occur in the last couple of weeks that I’m working through and trying not to let get the best of me, but I’d rather not go into them. I need to realize that I am my own person and everyone else in the world is their own persons and get over it… it has been hard, I’ll admit it, harder than I know it should be. I normally don’t let things as trivial as these ones bother me, but this time I have and I am regretting it. But as I stated, I am working through it as best as I can.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: