Friday, November 11, 2011

{cave point in a flash}

*I have been drafting this post for over a week now and haven’t had the time to finish it and post it, so I am going to attempt to do that right now as my cat is in my lap trying to get some attention and Ayden is right next to me wanting me to play beyblades with him. Wish me luck!*

I was able to visit one of my favorite places in Wisconsin this past weekend (which is now last weekend) and I got some gorgeous (in my opinion anyways) photographs. That place… Cave Point County Park up just past Sturgeon Bay, WI! I am literally in LOVE with that place and have promised myself that I WILL get to spend a whole day there sometime this summer. I told Jay that we needed to spend a weekend up in that area sometime this summer. The Whitefish Dunes State Park that is right next to it is pretty awesome as well, but I didn’t visit that this weekend.

Why was I able to visit a park that is about three hours from my house you ask? Oh wait, you didn’t ask… haha! I’m going to tell you anyways. I was able to visit this lovely site…IMG_2515…because I had my first externship interview over in Green Bay and I spent the rest of the afternoon with my bestie who lives over in that area. We both wanted to get outside and take some pictures with our cameras and so we decided that it would be fun to drive up there and take some pictures. It is only about a half hour drive from her house so we thought why not!IMG_2525If you are wondering about my interview (and not just interested in looking at my beautiful pictures, okay yes, I am being highly biased here), it went well. At least I think it went well. I’m hoping it went well. It was the most lax interview that I’ve ever been on and I don’t know that you can even call it an interview because the audiologists didn’t really even drill me about anything. It was pretty great! I really enjoyed the facility and think that I would fit in really well there. The thing that sucks is that my classmate is ‘interviewing’ there as well IMG_2557IMG_2580IMG_2595IMG_2599IMG_2600IMG_2607IMG_2612IMG_2617While I was gone this weekend (which as I stated before is now last weekend), I also picked up a new flash for my camera. I have wanted an off camera flash for my camera for sometime and I finally took the plunge. The one that I got was not as expensive as I could have gone, but obviously, I cannot afford a hugely expensive flash at this point in time either and I don’t think that I really need one for the kind of work that I am doing.

I have to say that I am already in love with the flash and I haven’t even used it all that much. I played around with it some this weekend and I am SO happy with the results. Just a simple off camera flash has improved my indoor pictures a million times over. I totally get the forums that I read now with statements saying that the on camera flash is rarely, if ever, your friend. I’ve grown to not enjoy using my on camera flash and prefer natural light above anything else, but the problem is that my house has nil for natural light! Like NOTHING! And it sucks! So this flash is awesome already!

Here are just a few examples of what I’ve taken so far with it! My really like this picture of my pretty kitty, Diesel! So often when I take pictures of him the background is SO dark and I lose the detail in him because he is all black, but when I bounced the flash off of the ceiling it allowed the background to be more properly exposed yet also get the detail in Diesel’s fur. I really just love this picture of my pretty kitty!IMG_2939I then took some picture of my adorable little guy last night after his shower and right before he went to bed. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that in this picture I used the flash and bounced it off the ceiling and there is NO shadow behind him! LOVE it! And I LOVE the little guy in the picture too. Isn’t he too cute!IMG_2974IMG_2978IMG_2981In this last picture, I bounced the flash off of the wall to the side and I got some more dramatic lighting on one side of his face. Oh the new things that I can do! I’m SO excited and IN LOVE! Do you want to hear it again… I am IN LOVE with my new flash! It is going to do wonders for my indoor pictures. Mostly just the candid ones that I take inside because I don’t really do indoor photography.IMG_2984Okay, so I didn’t really add anything to this post other than the beginning. I had intentions of writing more, but what I want to say is a whole new blog post in and of itself, so I will stop here and start drafting that one in the hopes that it doesn’t take me another two weeks to finish it up and post it. I have been a pretty bad blogger as of late. What can I say… time just gets away from me!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: