Sunday, November 20, 2011

{satisfied}

What a great weekend I had. Okay, at most it was an okay weekend. It wasn't overly exciting or packed full of things to do, but it wasn't horrible either. Ayden and I were able to spend the second weekend in a row together without Jay and this weekend went a lot better than last weekend, although I can't say that last weekend was horrible either. I do know that on Saturday of last weekend Ayden and I were at each other's throats early in the day and it wasn't shaping up to be a good weekend. This weekend was the complete opposite and I think I maybe raised my voice once (or twice), but it really wasn't that bad.

I picked Ayden up from school on Friday and we went to the library right away. We got a few books to read and then we went out for pizza for supper. It was an early supper Friday night, but it was SO worth it. The pizza was delish and we had some cinnamon knots for dessert and they were SO yummy! Oh just to die for! We were supposed to go to the holiday parade for Cub Scouts, but it was cold out and I really didn't want to go so after our early supper we headed home for a relaxing night at home. It was a great start to the weekend and a much different night than the previous one.

Thursday night was Ayden's parent teacher conference and although the conference went really well, we had a rough time with Ayden and his reading before we left for the conference that night. I didn't really hear anything at the conference that surprised me. He is behind where he should be for his grade for reading. His teacher marked him on the bubble, but let's face it... he's behind. I'm not ashamed to right that my son is not up to par with the peers for reading and he is in second grade. No one is perfect and I love him just the same. Although Ayden hasn't been formally tested for it, I have a suspicion that he might have a small reading disability and our lack of helping him learn reading at home has only hindered him. He does receive extra help for reading at school each day and he is progressing, but he is still behind. Where he is behind in reading, he excels in at math. He is his father's son when it comes to math. I was never particulary bad at math, but it definitely wasn't my super strong suit either. I was happy to hear that he is doing well in that area. He is also doing well in speech therapy. I am sad that we will be moving after this school year and he will be getting a new speech therapist next year (because lets face it, he will still probably be in speech in third grade too, but alas, I still love him just the same). Overall, there wasn't any talk of Ayden needing to repeat the second grade at this point. We are going to try extra hard through the coure of the rest of the year to help him along so that doesn't happen, but if it does... we'll roll with the punches!

But back to our weekend... Saturday was pretty laid back. Ayden and I didn't do much of anything yesterday. We played a few games, I read to him, we watched a lot of TV, I worked out and ate too much, and we just relaxed. Such is life, haha! Actually, Ayden was really well behaved and it was a very peaceful day. While I was in the basement working out last night apparently the doorbell rang (I didn't hear it and usually we can in the basement) and my lovely son decided to answer the door without even checking with me. This after we had just talked about safety in his last Cub Scouts meeting and what to do if something like that happened. I guess there was a guy at the door and he asked if Jay was home, although I don't know if he asked for Jay by name or if he just asked if Ayden's dad was home. My super awesome son gave the worst answer possible. He said that Jay was out of town! I couldn't believe it. After the guy left (Ayden never let him inside), Ayden came down to tell me and I just about lost it. Numero uno time that I kind of yelled at Ayden this weekend. I mean seriously, we have had numerous talks at home about proper answer the door technique. It scared me, honestly! I don't know who this person was. I asked Ayden if it was our neighbors and he didn't think so. So, I don't know if it was just some stranger or what! Needless to say I was a little paranoid for the rest of the night. I made sure the doors were locked... double and triple checked him and then stayed up late with the lights on. Originally I had said that Ayden could sleep in the living room that night, but after that instance I told him he had to sleep in his bedroom. All I could think about was some psycho breaking in and Ayden being right there in the living room farther away from me. I mean seriously, this person could have literally just kidnapped Ayden while I was downstairs working out and I would have never known! We keep our doors locked about 95% of the time, when we are home so if someone would have tried to get in last night, it would have been harder for them, but when Ayden opens the door for them, oops, he could be gone! It really just freaked me out. After my initial freak out on Ayden (I think I was just super scared something could have happened to him), I calmed down and sat down with him and we went over safe answering the door techniques and I explained that even though we hope the people that are coming to our door are nice, we don't always know and want to make sure we are being safe. I don't think he'll think about answering the door alone anytime soon! That aside, our Saturday was pretty low key.

Our Sunday wasn't much more exciting... I had two photoshoots this morning and they both went really well. Ayden came along and he was very well behaved until the end and I don't blame him because it was pretty cold out and even I was ready to be done. I couldn't feel my fingers anymore, hehe! After that, Ayden and I went to get a few groceries and I got my eyebrows waxed... they needed it, haha! We had Subway for lunch, man we've been eating out WAY too much lately, and then went bowling! We had the whole bowling alley to ourselves which was pretty awesome and it was pretty cheap for two games for both of us. I did some data entering for my capstone project this weekend and a little bit of homework, but nothing overwhelming. And now I am going to watching a little more TV before falling asleep for the night!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: