Monday, November 11, 2013

{a good weekend}

I'm happy to report that generally I'm feeling better these days. Not great, but no longer horrible either. Just so so, but I'm trying to keep positive about it and making my way through each day in a positive light versus just concentrating on how not good I feel. Although I wish I would feel slightly closer to normal, if this is as good as it is going to get for the next 23 weeks, I've decided that I can deal with it. (Not that I have much of a choice, haha!)
 
Our adventure with the puppy continues to go well. I haven't decided that we need to give him back yet. I think he is definitely fitting in nicely at our house, although our cat, Diesel, is still pretty leary of him. Part of me feels bad for Diesel because I didn't think he would have such an attitude against the dog, but he has been the only pet in the house for a number of years. And right now he is bigger than the dog, so you would think he would domineer the pup, but he basically stays upstairs and just sleeps the day away. His loss, haha! We try to spread the love around between the two, although Drake is still the novelty right now.
 
He's getting better at not whining as much when he is in the kennel; however, he has also started locking his legs when it is time to get in and doesn't want to go. At this point he is still small enough that we can get him to go in though. Potty training is going as well as can be expected. So long as we keep on schedule, Drake is good about going outside. If we get lazy and don't take him out frequently, that is when the accidents occur. I certainly know that accidents are bound to occur yet for a while and because they are easy to clean up on our floor it hasn't been too bad. He is so much fun to play with on the floor, just running after you and what not and then when he conks out, just to cuddle up with him. What a snuggle bug. Can he stay small and cute forever? Lol! The one thing that has already started is the chewing. Yes, I know we have a long way to go with that one.
 
Our weekend was overall pretty decent. I photographed a wedding with my cousin on Saturday, and as much fun as I have doing that, it was more the companionship of my cousin that made the day better. I needed a day out like that with a friend to just talk and get away. It was refreshing and just nice. Not to mention we got to take pictures together!
 
Sunday was relaxing/productive. We went grocery shopping (much needed) and worked around the house for a few hours before kind of crashing and burning in the afternoon. Ayden spent the afternoon with my dad at his parent's house, Jay went hunting, and Drake and I napped on the couch. Oh, I might have gotten some laundry done in there as well, well, at least it is washed. It may or may not all be folded and put away yet. Baby steps people, baby steps, haha! But quite a few things got done which was I happy about. I have a photoshoot from last weekend to finish editing and then the wedding from this past weekend and then I'm all caught up again. I have not scheduled anything for the next couple of weekends because I needed some time off. We have two birthday parties this weekend and next weekend starts deer hunting, and the weekend after is Thanksgiving, so we are busy anyways. (Well, I don't hunt, but I'll need to be home to watch the little man and the dog.) Plus, I'm just bushed out. I need some time to just recoup and enjoy my family.
 
The baby bump is certainly prominent now... not necessarily when I'm wearing clothes, it still kind of looks like I just might be gaining some weight; however, if you know that I'm preggers, then it is definitely more evident. I'm accepting the bump and wearing it proudly. It isn't going anywhere for the next 23 weeks, so I might as well! My doctor's appointment on Friday went well. I got to hear baby's heart beat again after four weeks and boy did it sound great! For whatever reason I had this irrational fear that the doctor wasn't going to be able to find baby's heart beat, but she did in like five seconds flat... that woosh woosh woosh sound just melted this momma's heart. Just a few more weeks until we hopefully find out if baby is going to be a brother or sister for Ayden. The scale at the doctor's office was also still pretty nice to me. I've finally gained some weight. I consider my 'starting' weight 123 because that is what I was when I found out I was pregnant. I think the doctor considers is about 117-118 because that is what I was when I was first seen. So in my reality, I've only gained four pounds because on Friday I was 127. However, (even though I'm not worried about the number-yet) I was wearing jeans, tennis shoes, and a sweatshirt, so I'm thinking it was more like 125-126. Doctor's orders were to gain between 20-25 lbs, and if she's starting at 118 (let's round to 120), that puts me between 140-145 by the end of the pregnancy. Like I said, I haven't been concerned about the weight (yet) and haven't watched a single calorie that has entered my mouth in weeks, but my overall goal right now is to stay under 150... I think that's a healthy number to shoot for. Of course, that doesn't mean the closer I inch to that number the more I am going to be concerned about going over it, I know full well I can and may gain more. It WILL come off again. I KNOW that much! I can't wait to get back into working out. I know I could still be doing it right now, but honestly, the motivation right now just isn't there. Ready to kill it next summer though!
 
Baby is going to come at the right time, give me all summer to get back into a good routine and then by the time the weather gets cold again in the winter I won't want to give up on it. I have to admit, right now I don't miss those cold night snowy runs. I lie, part of me does miss it. I do miss lacing up the shoes, setting my garmin, and then putting my headphones on and just going for a few miles and it being just me and my thoughts. Pushing myself one step further! I read the blog of a lady who has been consistently working out through her entire pregnancy so far. She is just a few weeks further along than me and she rocks it at the gym at 5:30am almost every morning and is going to run her second half marathon so far this pregnancy in just a few weeks. Talk about a dedicated woman! I wish I could be half as motivated as her! I had grand plans of staying fit and in great shape this pregnancy, but morning sickness threw that all out of the window, haha! Actually, it was my pure lack of motivation that helped too because if I wanted it bad enough, I could have fought through it and still done what I wanted. I just become a baby when I am sick! It's true, ask Jay!
 
Until next time...
 
CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: