Friday, March 21, 2014

{36 weeks}

I am officially 36 weeks pregnant, which means 'full term' is just one week away... however, I think some studies have now proven that 'they've' changed full term to now be 39 weeks. In any case, baby boy can really make his appearance at any point now and it is kind of freaking me out some days. I think I'm most worried now about know that I am in actual labor and that maybe we should make our way to the hospital. With Ayden, my water just broke and I knew it was time to go in. I never experienced any contractions until they doped me up with the pitocin.

In the last week alone, Jay's cousin, my cousin, and a friend online have given birth to their little ones, and another friend is due in just about a week or two. Three new babies, with another one on the way and then our little guy. Of course that doesn't mean he is bound to cooperate and wait his turn, but certainly it has been exciting to hear about these new babies entering the world! Not going to lie, still often in awe at the fact that there is a tiny little human being growing away in my stomach and as uncomfortable as I am right now, I am secretly still enjoying the time that it is just the two of us. 

I certainly wish I could sit here and say that the weather has gotten better and that we are in full force spring mode around here, but unfortunately Mother Nature continues to be a hag and for the most part it is still cold and icky. It hasn't been uber cold, but it definitely isn't the spring warm up that everyone is waiting for. Two years ago during this time we had a week of glorious 70-80 degree weather! Oh how I wish that we could be experiencing that right now. It would probably help with my mood just a little bit... well probably a lot of people's moods. When it is cold out, no one wants to do anything and we have a lot of outside stuff that could/needs to be done. Slowly but surely the snow is melting, so that is a plus. I can see all of my driveway again. I'll take that, haha! I suppose it doesn't really matter that it isn't super warm out right now because I'm too lazy/uncomfortable to want to do anything outside anyways at this point.

Personally, I've been doing pretty well lately. 'Enjoying' the pregnancy aches and pains that have arrived in the last week or so. And by that, you know that I am not. But my overall demeanor/mood has been alright for the most part. I'm trying to look at the bright side of things for most of the time. I still don't feel up to doing a whole lot, but that is okay. Who does at this point in their pregnancy?  I'm still continuing to work and that is going well, for the most part. It is definitely more uncomfortable and I move a lot slower than I used to and my back hurts more by the end of the day, but overall, I think I prefer it to just sitting at home with nothing to do. Some days I wish I could just stay home though because I am definitely more tired and sleeping has become more difficult. I sleep in two hour stretches, get up, pee, and switch sides that I am laying on. I'd almost rather be up with a baby. Of course, ask me that in a few weeks, haha!

We are officially less than one month away from my due date which is exciting in and of itself. I've started to pack my hospital bag, but if I'm being honest, it doesn't have much in it. Maybe I'll have to get at that this weekend a little bit more. I've picked out baby's coming home outfit, so that is something, right?! 

Jay and I still haven't decided on a middle name. If I'm being honest here, I think his excitement about this new baby (well his outward excitement towards me) is less than lackluster. He is an amazing father, don't get me wrong. I know that he loves me, Ayden, and this new baby. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. I know that he will be a great father to this new baby as well, but for the majority of the pregnancy I feel like he's been kind of detached about it. Now that may come from the fact that he's not actually experiencing it. I can't really say. I know I've talked before about overall how helpful he has been throughout the pregnancy. Getting me things from the store. Doing stuff around the house, etc, etc, etc... It's more than appreciated. But the overall outward excitement just hasn't been there. And that is not to say that he isn't inwardly excited. It's all good. It will be all good. Just a few more weeks. I just need to keep telling myself that!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: