Thursday, October 27, 2011

{time stands still}

Time stands still... but only when I am in class on Mondays and Wednesdays and when I am having a slow day at clinic. This week has seemed to drag on forever! Another slow morning at clinic today, but mostly because my supevisor is gone and I came in to see some cochlear implant appointments, but I don't think that the appointments are until the afternoon and my supervisor neglected to let the other audiologists on staff know that I was coming in and so they weren't expecting me and now I sit here until this afternoon with my thumb up my patootie with nothing to do because the appointments I want to see aren't until then. My tablet only has half power left, although it should last me until the afternoon. My phone gets no reception in the building so I can't make any phone calls unless I go outside and I didn't bring any homework along to work on. What a joyous world, eh?

Well, actually, I did bring a little bit of homework along. I finished that already (twice)! Twice because I had written in once on my tablet and then switched applications without saving (I know, naughty me, but I was on my tablet and I had done it before and it worked) and then when I was done with whatever application I had switched to, I hit the 'kill all active apps' button and it 'killed' the app that I had up that I was typing my assignment on and I lost it! Thankfully it wasn't a very long assignment, but I was almost done with it and so I was pretty upset that I had to retype it. I think the retyped version actually is better than the first, but still, that is twenty minutes that I won't get back. I guess I need to be more on top of saving things on my tablet as well. Oops! Life goes on though!

I happened upon a blog yesterday through some other blog that I was on (I was blog hopping) and something that the person had written struck a nerve with the inner photographer in me. The writer of the blog was pregnant and had her sister take some maternity pictures for her. No biggie. But she wrote that her sister had a nice camera and so she didn't want to have to pay someone else to take the pictures if her sister could just do it. She said that anyone with a nice camera can take good pictures and make them look professional. Okay, so I know that she didn't mean anything bad by that and it was just a simple statement, but it is SO far from the truth! Really! Just because you have an expensive camera, it does not mean that your pictures will be great. Yes, the expensive SLR camera have the ability to do things that your compact point and shoots do not, but you have to know what you are doing with the camera to get those effects. And even I still don't know how to work everything on my camera to get all of the looks I want. I am still learning. I am a hobby/amateur photographer. I will not and do not put myself into the professional photography category by ANY means! I can manipulate some stuff on my camera to get what I want, but I still don't go full manual very often (if at all). So, it just bugs me when people think they can go buy an expensive camera one day and turn 'professional' the next. One good picture out of 50 doesn't mean anything! And it really gets me when people see a picture and say wow, you must have a really great camera. Um, hello, how about the person behind the camera?! Doesn't my talent count for anything?! My vent for the day... still with me?

I officially have two interviews set up for externship placements. One in person at the clinic in Green Bay and one on the phone with a clinic in Sheboygan. Exciting (and nerve wracking at the same time)! Keep your fingrs crossed for me!

I have been eating WAY too much junk food lately and not working out as diligently as I should be. I am kicking myself for it right now. Last night after I got home from class (at 7pm) I had supper and then I literally went back and forth in my head for the next half hour about whether or not I should work out. One minute I was like, yeah, I will get up off of the comfy warm couch and get at it, the next I was like, it isn't going to hurt me to sit another night on the couch and not work out (the night before was my day off for the week). It went back and forth like that for a good half hour. Ultimately, I decided against working out. I was warm on the couch and didn't want to. LAME excuse. I know. I feel horrible about it. It sucks. And then to make matters worse, yesterday I had brownie bites, two bite size candy bars (the smallest ones, not the two bite funsize), a large hershey's chocolate peanut bar, a handful of chocolate chips, and then two chocolate chip cookies! PIG out, OMG! WAY too many sweets yesterday! I couldn't believe myself, but I also could't help myself, I was craving it, even though I wasn't too hungry for it. This morning I weighed in at 115.4 lbs... that is 2.4 lbs more than I was on Tuesday morning. Ugh! However, despite the fact that I did enjoy seeing 113.0 lbs on the scale Tuesday morning, 115.4 lbs really isn't bad either. It is still less than what I started and I should still be proud of myself for getting this far. Just right now I am not very proud of my motivation or willpower.

It's definitely been motivating to see my clothes get looser and looser, but the thing is now... NOTHING FITS! Today I have a pair of Maurice dress pants on, size 7/8 and they literally slide right off my hips! I've pinned them tighter so I can wear them! Did you see that, I have to PIN my pants so they will stay on! But, I know I have said it before, Maurice pants sizes must run big because even the size 3/4 ones that I have are a little big on me too. My shirts definitely fit better than they were; however, some of the ones that I actually liked how they fit are now too big and baggy and make me look bigger than I actually am when I wear them. Yes, I am complaining about my clothes not fitting because I'm too skinny. Deal with it. I don't have the money to go buy a whole new wardrobe. And besides, its my blog, I'll write what I want. You don't like it, don't read it. Just like how I did't have to keep reading that one blog of the lady who irked me with her camera comment. If you want to, go ahead and bitch about me on your blog. I don't care. Well, I do. So those of you who I actually know in real life that read, you can bitch, just please do it behind my back. I'd rather not have to find out online. Those of you who I don't know and just happened upon my blog (if there are any of you out there), go right ahead. Haha!

I got to see some pretty neat cochlear implant stuff so far today. The first appointment was with a patient who used sign language as her primary mode of communication and so she had an interpreter with her. I LOVED, just LOVED watching them communicate! So much so that it has made me think about finding a sign language class to take. I did take one class as an undergraduate in college, but I do not remember very much of it. I would love to learn more and become more fluent with it. I think that it would be so neat! I also got to see a patient for the second time with his implant and he is continuing to improve with it which is AWESOME!!!

Are you tired of reading yet?! Ha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: