Sunday, December 4, 2011

{no good excuse}

I'm sitting in my bed with my tablet on my lap. I wish I had some good excuse as to why I haven't blogged in the last two weeks, but other than being lazy and not really feeling like it, I don't have one. It's the norm these days, right?! I only posted four times in November... FOUR!!! That is less than one whole hand! That is B.A.D.! I am a bad blogger. I feel like the more time that passes the less and less I blog, okay, so I don't just feel like that, it is actually happening. I have been blogging for over three and a half years now and although I do genuinely enjoy blogging, it is becoming less and less of a priority to me. Life is changing. I do not make money from my blog so I don't have a 'good' reason to update it regularly, other than for myself. And I do love to write. I enjoy blogging when I do it because sometimes it is just what the 'doctor' calls for... a good vent session to someone who doesn't talk back.

I am listening to the Trans Siberian Orchestra on Pandora right now. LOVE them! I wish I could go see them in concert again this year, but it is probably too late to get tickets. Well, that is if they are even playing in Green Bay this winter. I haven't been to see them in concert since Ayden was born which was seven years ago. I cannot believe that it has been that long. They are amazing and I love listening to them at this time of the year. Their Christmas Eve cd rocks my socks off everytime I listen to it.

Life continues to move forward in our household. We are getting ready for the holidays. We had a good Thanksgiving. It went by a little too fast, but then again, most days seem to around here. It was nice to see all of my family and Jay's family. My cousin taught me how to crochet and I've been mastering the basic stitch ever since. Oh okay, so I haven't done all that much since we got home last weekend, but it was a busy and tiring week, who can blame me, haha! I got to do some Black Friday shopping with my mom, aunt, and the same cousin who taught me to crochet, Amanda. It was a TON of fun and it felt like the old days when we used to all go shopping together! Many years ago the aunts and cousins on my mom's side of the family would all go shopping together on Black Friday (there really wasn't a whole ton of us) and it was lots of fun. Slowly everyone started to sort of separate and do their own thing and then my mom would have to work that day and so I sort of just stopped going. I missed it. This year felt like the old days and I really had a great time! So if you happen to read this mom, Julie, or Amanda... thanks for Black Friday shopping with me! And thanks Michele for watching the little guy so I could go!

I ended up getting some awesome deals and the majority of my shopping done. It was pretty great! Now I just have to wrap it all, oh wait, Jay can, ha!

The semester is slowly coming to a close. It is taking FOREVER! But thankfully I don't really have too much to worry about this semester. One more presentation to do which should be super easy and then two finals which I'm not overly worried about either. Kind of an easy end to the semester. Just need to get through it now. This will be my last week of clinic for almost two months. I'm kind of excited, but then again, I know that I am going to miss it after a few weeks. I enjoy clinic and I enjoyed my placement this semester as well. My supervisor was pretty awesome and I got to see some pretty great things. But I am also ready for it to be over as well. Time for another placement.

Speaking of clinic... I have made my decision as to where I am going to be doing my externship and I couldn't be more excited! We have no idea where we will end up living, where Jay will be working, or where Ayden will be going to school yet, but one thing checked off the list is exciting! I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself with all of that again because it just stresses me out when I think about having to move and all of that. I cringe the thought if we would have to move back into an apartment building after living in where we are for the last three years. I'd love to find a house to rent or something similar to what we are currently living in. We just have so much space to spread out where we are now that I can't imagine going back to living in a small apartment, even if it was just for a year. Our basement/toy room/office is a life saver right now! It provides the space we need when we are all getting on each others nerves. I mean, our upstairs isn't really all that big, but with the addition of the basement it makes this place so much more tolerable. But once again, I am getting ahead of myself and I just got done saying I didn't want to do that.

I redesigned my blog for Christmas... likey?!

I feel like I could write a book or more yet, but my Kindle is calling my name... I'm in the middle of a very good book. Until next time then...

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: