Thursday, June 6, 2013

{just some sentences}

I don't have anything in particular to blog about today. Nothing outstanding in my brain that I absolutely NEED to get out of my fingers and onto the blog... well nothing except, HI HONEY! Apparently, my future husband sometimes happens upon the blog and reads so I thought a shout out to him might be nice, hehe! Just because I know it irritates him when I talk about him on the blog, even the good stuff. Jees, can never make the guy happy, haha!
In other news, the work world continues to go well. I'm still adjusting to this only working three days a week thing. As much as I enjoy the extra two days off during the week, I am trying to keep myself motivated during those days so I am not a couch potato just wasting the day away. And with the craptastic weather we have been having, it is hard to not just want to sit on the couch all day long. So far, into week two of the working world, I've been pretty good about keeping myself motivated in the morning, but it is after lunch were the slow sit on the couch feeling comes into play.
With Ayden needing to get to school, we've both needed to be up and running by 7:40am. I've gotten him to school on time and I am proud to say that the three mornings that I've done it, I've been active afterwards. Last week Wednesday (as we both had off on Monday because of Memorial Day), I got outside and rollerbladed for five miles before getting ready for the day. This week I took to the bike. On Monday morning, I biked 10 miles, cleaned out my car, and then got ready for the day. Finished the bike ride and cleaning the car and doing some laundry by 11am... the rest of the afternoon was semi a wash. Ayden and I did get outside after school for our Couch to 5K training... of which we are on Week 4 with intervals of running three and five minutes twice and I'm proud to say that my little man was able to do both (albeit not without just a little bit of whining).
Yesterday, I got on the bike again after dropping Ayden off at school and this time I busted out 13.5 miles. It was what I was striving for on Monday, but just didn't get there. Proud to say I made it yesterday and I felt good. After that it was into the shower and then some grocery shopping before some photo editing as well. Semi productive day again. Like I mentioned, since Mother Nature is being such a hag lately, it is harder to want to be productive (especially when the house is cold and I refuse to turn the heat back on)! I mean, for crying out loud... it is freaking JUNE! I am sick of having to open and close my freaking windows! I live in a very old house and the windows were halfway painted shut when we moved in... they are a pain in the ASS to open and close! It freaking takes work and we have a freaking crapload of windows, haha!
I've realized lately that I'm doing relatively good on the cardio side of things, but what I need to up the ante on is my strength training... that is where I falter my friends. Tell me to bike ten miles, yeah, okay, I'll do it, mostly smiling the whole day. Tell me to do an hour, even a half hour of hard core strength training and I'll sulk, haha! I'm good for cardio on my own, but I definitely need a buddy to help with the strength training stuff. I know that I need to do and how to do most of it, but I don't have anyone pushing me because it is what I dread the most. I'd rather go for a nice run than strength train. Yes, I just said that. You know, just because I've ran a half marathon and slowed down since then doesn't mean there still isn't a runner in this body. I've actually felt the pull to really get back into running again, even aside from training with Ayden. I know I need to get back out there and really start pushing myself some more with my runs or it won't come back to me. I need to get back into a better routine. I need the motivation again! It just needs to come, haha!
We got visited today again by the front office lady's daughter and the new baby. The baby is about a month old now and just as cute as a button. Another perk of the current job... getting some baby snuggles in. Just what this woman needed today! I literally could have sat down and cuddled that little one all afternoon if she would have let me. I can only hope that I'll be getting to share around the baby cuddles when we have more kiddos! My baby talk is only going to get worse as the wedding day gets closer and closer. Hell, I think we all know by now that I'm far more excited about potentially adding to the family than actually getting married. Sure, I get to wear a pretty dress, but I'm in full on baby wanting mode!
There is probably some more sentences that I could write, but I'll go for now...
 
CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: