Monday, August 12, 2013

{lotsa photos}

I've been pretty busy the last couple of weekends doing photo shoots and I have been really enjoying it. I become a completely different person when I get behind the camera and kind of go into my own little world seeing things in a different way. It's fun! Plus, the people that I am getting to work with are such a pleasure and a joy!
 
These next couple of months are going to be pretty busy for our family, what with the addition of wedding festivities, going on our honeymoon, more photo shoots, work, Ayden starting school again... before we know it, the fall and winter will be upon us and really, I am SO not ready for it! Is anyone that lives in Wisconsin?! Okay, so I know that there are people who definitely like the winter more than the summer. Me, I am NOT one of them! I always seem to be cold here people, ALWAYS cold and I HATE it! I hate the feeling of being cold. It annoys me, haha!
 
I had one of my more productive weekends at home this past weekend. I was working up a storm on wedding stuff yesterday and got quite a few projects done. It felt nice. I somehow got a kick in the patootie to get moving and grooving on things and did. I had had enough of just sitting around and doing nothing. Wait, we haven't had one of those weekends in a while, lol (and we won't for awhile either)!
 
That is probably why the summer goes so fast, because we are never sitting around doing nothing. We are always on the go, even more so now that we live closer to home! And a lot of this summer has revolved around the wedding and getting everything ready for that!
 
But sticking to the topic at hand, the lotsa photos... despite taking so many photos of other people lately, I've found that I haven't actually gotten my camera out for myself and taken any pictures just for me and my family. Not necessarily OF my family, but just of every day happenings. And when I do, they are from my cellphone. It makes me kind of sad. I want to get back into picking up my camera and taking pictures just because and not because I have to. I've come to realize that in the last two years my folders of pictures for myself have become smaller and smaller on my computer and the photos of pictures for other people have become larger and larger. I always told myself that my photography wouldn't turn into a job for me because I enjoyed doing it to much and I didn't want to stop enjoying it. And although it hasn't necessarily become a 'job', it has made me step back from my camera more often when it comes to our own personal stuff. And then sometimes I just like to be present at family gatherings and not behind the camera. I do need to make more of an effort though to pick up the camera for me and not just other people.
 
Going to try!
 
At least I know there will be a ton of great pictures while on our honeymoon! Can't wait to get to the tropical paradise and snap away! It's going to be SO much fun!
 
In the weeks leading up to it though, I will sit back, and try to relax. I know that my schedule is going to be pretty full with lots of fun and maybe not so fun stuff until the 'big' day, and I don't want to stress out in the meantime. I'm definitely a type A personality, so the non stress thing may be kind of hard for me, haha!
 
CIAO! LOVE ME

0 comments: