Thursday, August 15, 2013

{thursday}

It has kind of been one of those weeks that you want over. And then you want the weekend to stick around forever. Because honestly, yeah, it has been one of those kind of weeks. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow because I am just SO tired! I cannot get enough sleep these days and I am going to bed at what I think is a reasonable time. I guess I just like my sleep! It definitely helps that lately the weather at night has been gorgeous. The kind of cold fall nights that allow you to cuddle up with your quilt and sleep with no fan or air conditioners on and just be warm. Yeah, I like those kind of nights. However, it does make it that much harder to crawl out of bed in the morning (or at 1am when you wake up and have to use the bathroom and said bathroom is on the first floor of your house so that means actually getting out of bed for longer than a minute, yeah that sucks). Two story living and one house bathroom problems, lol!

I had my wedding hair and makeup trial yesterday and it turned out great! I am SO excited for the actual day now. I was concerned at first that the hairdresser would not be able to do what I had wanted because my hair would be too short or too fine. But… she ROCKED it! My cousin had originally recommended her and I am SO glad that she did. Not only was she easy to talk to throughout it, but she did great work! I have a feeling that I will be going back to her for my future hair needs! At some point after the wedding, maybe in early 2014, I am going to get a major chop to my tresses and I have definitely been on the hunt since moving from Point for a new hairdresser! I know that the girls in the wedding are going to love their hair and makeup the day of!
Jay and I also finalized the cake and food yesterday. Jay’s grandma of course is making the cake and we went for total just laid back simple cake. Nothing over the top fancy. No flowers. No nothing really. Jay was fine with it. He just wanted his grandma’s cake. He’d take bag’o’cake for a wedding cake, haha! I’m more worried about everyone just having a good time than all of the extra little details. His parents have been extremely instrumental in pulling together a lot of the little details that we need for the day and we could not be thankful enough! Helping me not to have to worry about some of the extra little things that I was wondering how we would pull off. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Both Jay and I have been blessed with some of the most awesome parents around. They are always 110% supportive of us. They may not always agree with what we are doing or how we are doing things, but they always stand behind us. And that is what means the most to us!

I’ve ran twice this week. Once on Monday night with the little guy. I was headed out the door for a run that I didn’t really want to go on and he asks where I am planning on running. I told him around the track, even though it wasn’t really where I wanted to head. He stopped me and asked if he could join. Well, of course! I had plans of getting in a good solid run and knew that with Ayden it probably wouldn’t happen. That was okay though. Wasn’t going to turn down some quality time with my boy. So, off we went. On our run. We started at the track and got a mile in. A slow mile, but no walking. And then I asked him if he wanted to branch out and try some sidewalk running. He happily obliged me. So, we went off and hit the sidewalks and kept running. I wanted to push for three miles, even if we had to walk for a little while. I told Ayden that he was the pace keeper and if he needed to walk, we’d walk. He kept going and going and going. We even got faster towards the end AND there were times where he was going faster than I wanted to, haha! In the end we ran 3.27 (yes the extra 0.27 counts) miles WITHOUT any walking! I was SO immensely proud of my little guy! He is definitely ready for a 5k and I found the perfect one for us to do next month before all of the hustle and bustle of last minute wedding planning gets under way and I CANNOT wait to run it with him!
In the meantime, we are gearing up for a small birthday gathering at the bowling alley for Ayden on Saturday and then I’m off to run the Dirty Girl 5K with Victoria on my birthday on Sunday! I am so excited for another mud run! It is going to be great!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: