Thursday, August 1, 2013

{where to go from here}

I think my lack of blogging has been evident this summer. I'm not sure if it's lack of time, lack of wanting to, lack of things to say... so I just haven't been blogging a whole ton. That doesn't mean I haven't been keeping up with my favorite blogs, because I still do everyday. However, I just haven't felt the familiar pang to write lately.

That certainly doesn't mean I don't have lots of thoughts floating around in my head, because I surely do. I just don't know how interested you are in reading every time I post about how I am working out or how I am shoving my face full of food that is not necessarily good for me. It seems like the same stuff over and over.

We've had some busy weekends lately (and will continue to throughout the remainder of the summer), but my usual enjoyment about sharing those with you has kind of waned. It has nothing to do with my readers (however few there actually are), it's just something I'm kind of sorting through on my own.

It might be different if my blog was bigger and had more traffic (and let me tell you, I'm fairly certain I'm glad it is just as nice as small as it is) and I felt like I had an audience that was waiting on me and/or I was making some kind of profit from my blog like other well known readers I frequent. But I'm not, and that is perfectly okay with me. I blog for me. It's that simple.

The thing is, much of what I have floating around in my head that is troubling me, exciting me, etc... it's just stuff that I am not willing to share on the blog right now. Insert gasp here! What, Ashley being tight lipped about something?! It's unheard of! Haha!

Rest assured, life is going great right now, so it is nothing to be worried about. And really, I do have limits on what I will and will not post about. Right now, I'd just rather not share some things.

Jay and I are doing great (less than two months until wedding day)! Ayden has become a little spit fire, but I still love him. Work is great. Working out is semi great, haha!

Sidenote, I decided to go for a five mile run last night and about two miles in I saw some rain clouds rolling in and decided to ignore them and instead of head back home on the three mile loop I could have done to avoid getting wet, I continued on my five mile loop. Um, around mile three, it started sprinkling, and around mile 3.5, it started really coming down! I mean pouring rain! For the last mile and a half, I ran in the pouring rain and it felt... GREAT! I was soaked by the time I got home, dripping EVERY where, but it was good! I don't know why I haven't kept up with the running a little more lately!

So, please bear with me readers if I kind of come and go here and there on the blog for the time being. I'm just trying to sort some things out.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: