Monday, December 9, 2013

{observations}

I had half of my anatomy ultrasound post written out and then it didn’t save, so I’m starting all over, but with that  I am going to add in some other observations that I’ve made so far lately… like the fact that it is getting increasingly harder to get my socks on in the morning, or that I can’t walk as fast as I used to without getting winded A LOT faster. And this one is hard because I have a husband that is a speed walker and it took me years to get him to slow down to a somewhat normal pace and now I have to constantly tell him to slow down or just resign myself to the fact that he’ll always be twenty feet in front of me, haha!

If you don’t know me from on Facebook, then you don’t know yet that we are having another baby boy, of whom I’ve affectionately decided to nickname ‘tiny man’ for the time being. Jay is the main man, Ayden is the little man, and well, baby boy had to be something, so tiny man fit. We could not be more excited, especially Ayden. I get that he is old enough to comprehend that he’s getting a brother now and is definitely seeing and noticing the changes going on in mommy, but I don’t know how he exactly feels about everything so far. On the forefront he seems excited. I don’t know if it’s all quite real to him yet. There will definitely be some adjustments going on when the tiny man is born. I mean there is in any family when you add children to it. We will make it through.

Everything on the scan looked great. We could see the tiny guy moving and grooving. It was definitely unreal. We could see him opening and closing his mouth. He didn’t want to give us many face shots, but he definitely wanted it to be known that he was going to be a little boy. We found that out within the first thirty seconds of the ultrasound. The technician said it was a good thing that we wanted to know because she was going to have a hard time hiding those shots from us because they kept popping up. The good thing is that she wasn’t just semi sure with a percentage that he was going to be a boy, she was confidently able to say that he was going to be one. I kind of had that mommy intuition that it would be a boy. At this point I’m still kind of in awe that I am going to have two children. (Although, to be completely honest, sometimes I still just sit and marvel at the fact that I am the mother of one and that he is already NINE freaking years old!)

Now it’s time to get on the name wagon with the hubs and find one that we both agree on… and I think we are semi there. We talked about it a bit this weekend, I just need to know if he was serious or not. I know there is still plenty of time, but people, we are on the down swing of things now. Babes has officially been growing in the belly for more days than we have left to go in this pregnancy. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant (still can’t fully wrap my mind around it) and thinking about how long we had to go before bringing babes home from the hospital and that at that point it wasn’t even a for sure thing (not that it is a for sure thing right now either), and now here we are more than half way through! This whole thing is still unreal to me at times and then I’ll feel a kick or a punch and I’m reminded that nope, it is totally and fully real! And I sit in amazement again! I’ve literally become that pregnant woman who sits and stares at her stomach watching it move with the baby. I’m sure a lot of pregnant women do. I could do it for hours.

Over the weekend we bought some baby clothes. I was definitely excited to get a little bit of shopping done. We stopped at a local consignment shop to do our shopping. When it comes to baby clothes, I have such a hard time buying ALL brand new. And then I started to look through things and got overwhelmed. It has been SO long since we’ve had a baby in the house that I just don’t know how much of everything we are going to need. And then when I looked at some of the stuff, I just couldn’t imagine him being THAT small! Are they really THAT tiny? You forget when it’s been ten years! And my chunker monker was almost sixteen pounds by the time he was four months… he grew fast… how am I supposed to know if this tiny man will or not?! I don’t do well with the unknown people, lol!

In any case, we did leave the store with a few things for little brother and a few things for big brother (because big brother’s clothes are expensive brand new as well)! And best of all, we ended our shopping trip, which also included a few Christmas gift items, with lunch at Hu Hot. It was delicious (minus the fact that I could only eat one plate and that it gave me what I’m only assuming can be classified as heartburn).

Earlier in the weekend my mom came over to help decorate our Christmas tree. She did the same thing last year, only her excuse was the fact that she wasn’t putting one up. Because she is at her new place now, this year she did put one up. So she didn’t have much of an excuse to actually come over and help, other than the fact that she loves us! SO thankful for her help because honestly, Christmas tree decorating, well Christmas decorating all together, is on my list of least favorite things to do. I’m definitely ba-humbug when it comes to decorating, but mostly because I’m the one getting stuck doing all of the work. I don’t NEED a Christmas tree, but Ayden likes having one, so we do it. Last year we went all big full tree with long needles, which really ended up being a mistake because you couldn’t see the ornaments, so this year we went in the opposite direction and did a total Charlie Brown Christmas tree with barely any branches. And it is the cutest thing EVER! So far the dog has been good and left it alone. My amazing mom stayed after decorating the tree as well and helped me around the house a little bit. I got quite a bit done that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise which was good; however I think I kind of over did it because I was a hurting unit for the rest of the day. My back, pelvis, and lower abdomen area were pretty sore when I would try to get up and move around. Thankfully I felt better by Sunday morning. And the unfortunate thing is that I didn’t even think I was doing all that much to begin with. Guess I need to slow it down a little bit more.

The little man has his Christmas choir concert tonight and we are all very excited for it. He did great singing at last years (plus we had really good seats), so I’m excited for this years as well. Pus, because we live in town now, more family comes to see it which makes Ayden proud I think. And this year he gets to sing during the same time as Alexis’s as well, so we will get to see hers too which is great.
 
CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: