Wednesday, October 12, 2011

{ebbing instead of flowing}

Remember a while ago when I wrote that life has it ebbs and flows and that during that time I was flowing right along?! Well, now I’m ebbing… not having a very good week this week. Feeling out of control (although are we ever in total control?) and things are just not going the way I had anticipated them. I am having one of those weeks.

I feel like my clinical supervisor thinks that I know nothing because she likes to ask me all of these complicated questions and I have to say that I don’t know the answer over and over. Ugh, make me feel bad numero uno for the week.

Last night I received an email from my advisor regarding my research project. Apparently she received an email from the daughter of one of the patients I had sent a survey too stating that she noticed a few spelling errors in my informed consent. (Disclaimer: these spelling errors were not glaring errors because I missed them, my advisor missed them, and the department chair missed them.) But really, you had to go and email someone about some stupid typos when you were probably only 1 of 3 people out of the almost 300 surveys that I sent out that caught the error. Really?!?! Way to make me feel like a huge idiot! Ugh, make me feel bad numero dos for the week.

And finally, I found out that my number one choice for my externship will be a no go and that there are even fewer and fewer options than I had originally thought. But seriously, I told my advisor that I would be willing to go pretty much anywhere in Eastern Wisconsin, it shouldn’t be that hard to find a placement for me. I mean, there are only two students you need to find externships for. Ugh, make me feel bad numero tres for the week.

It is literally just not my week. I cannot wait for the weekend!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: