Monday, October 17, 2011

{what it's all about}

Despite the fact that last week was not the greatest week in history for me (I can't mark it as even close to one of the worst either), I had a pretty darn good weekend!

I'll start out with some of the bummer news and work my way into the good news. Bummer news is that Jay's truck can be fixed (wait that's not bummer news... ha, wait for it)... for a price. Price being upwards of $3000+. What's wrong with the truck... what isn't wrong, ha! Actually, if I remember correctly, I believe it is something to do with the torque converter and the transmission. Wait, I think the torque converter is in the transmission. Who knows?! But what I do know is that to fix it at the auto repair shop, it will cost more than the truck is worth. That means, new truck. That means spending money. That means sad Ashley! And a headache in trying to find a new truck. Good news about this whole situation is that Jay's grandparents are rock stars and are letting us borrow their extra vehicle for the time being. Hopefully time being isn't too long. LOVE them!

Our weekend started off okay Friday night. We headed home after Jay got home from work and I got to drive in the wicked wind from the west (that mind you, still hasn't let up)! Horrible driving in the wind! But we made it safe and sound! Jay went to the football game Friday night with his dad, while Ayden and I stayed at home and relaxed on the couch, played games, and watched a movie.

Saturday was a busy day for me. I had two photo shoots and they both went great! I am in love with the pictures that I got! If you haven't already, head on over to Frozen Moments Photography and take a look at the sneak peaks I put up. I still need to upload some pictures from previous sessions that I've had as well, but I just haven't gotten that far yet. I photographed my lovely friend Kristi and her family and then my friend Rosie and her family! Both beautiful families!

After my photo shoots were over, I headed over to my mom's house for the rest of the day. I got over there around 2:30pmish and Ayden and I were there until probably close to 8pm. It was a great afternoon! My sister showed up and my brother came over and we had a nice family dinner and then went to the corn maze. It's days like that that make me realize how much I miss my family by living so far away and not getting to see them very often. I don't remember the last time that my mom, sister, brother, and I were all sitting in the kitchen as supper was cooking and joking around. It was a good time. And then not to mention the fact that we ALL even ate around the table for supper!

We all headed to the corn maze just as dark was approaching. As we started the corn maze we didn't really need the help of our glow sticks that we were given, but we weren't too far in before they were helping us find our way through. It was a TON of fun, even if I was tripping over corn roots and rocks every five seconds and we went in ten million circles just to find our way to the bridge and out. Ayden really enjoyed himself and got to lead us on a lot of the ways. We all thought our way was probably the right way, but really when you are in the dark of night going through a corn maze with paths every which way and only have a glow stick to see, do you ever really know where you are or where you have or haven't gone before?! I think not! Ha! Eventually we found our way out! There were two mazes and it only took us a little over and hour to get out of both of them. I thought that that was pretty good, considering it took about an hour and 20 minutes for Ayden, my friend Niki, and myself to find our way through a corn maze a few weeks ago in the DAYLIGHT!

I had another photo shoot on Sunday for a senior and that one went really well too. I am excited to get all of the photos edited and sent out to everyone. That is my goal for the week because I have another three photo shoots coming up this weekend. I've been booking photo shoots right and left lately and I love it! Although, I do know that I need to slow down a little bit before this starts to feel like a job and I no longer enjoy it. But, I have to admit that the extra cash is a little nice!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: