Thursday, December 15, 2011

{end of the semester}

WEDNESDAY: The fall semester is winding to a close and I am SO happy! I have one final and one presentation today to get through and then I will be done with my late classes! SO excited! I also have one final and one assignment due next Monday. I am almost done with the assignment and I'm not too worried about finishing it up. The final is a little worrisome. I haven't had to study for any tests this entire semester. They have all been online or open book. My grades have been pretty good. I need to do pretty well on the final we have today, but once again, it is online/open book (although that doesn't always mean it's easier). The final next Monday is an in class final that I actually have to HAND write! I haven't had to hand write anything all semester. I am so used to word processing everything on my computer. It is rare when I actually have to turn in something that I've hand written. It is also cumulative which bites, but it is for my counseling class so I'm not overly worried. What I am not looking forward to is having to hand write it because when the ideas get flowing it is so much easier and faster to get them on out on the computer than with a pen and paper and it is A LOT faster! Not mention having to avoid hand cramps, haha! Yes, I'm complaining about something so trivial as having to hand write a final exam.

I was looking forward to being done after Monday, but now I have to work on my capstone paper. Ugh! Actually, I might get motivated and work on it a little bit tomorrow and Friday since I won't have anything going on for the majority of the day, other than working for a little while in the morning. Our second revisions were supposed to be due not this past Monday, but the Monday before and I was waiting on one of my committee members to add some more edits; but I guess his edits were just the ones that he sent in an email. At this point in the game, I am just so over my capstone project and it isn't even halfway complete yet. I have to finish entering in all of the surveys and then analysis the data and write the second half of my paper. SO not looking forward to it . Then I have to create a PowerPoint presentation and then present it. Thank goodness we only have two classes next semester otherwise I'd probably be up a creek! My motivation is next to nothing so the less I have to do the better, ha! I am SO over school at this point!

The weather has been pretty craptastic lately, but it looks like it is going to get nicer for the weekend and that is good because I am photographing a small wedding on Saturday. I am excited about it and then I am having a girls afternoon with my friends on Sunday. I am excited to get my camera out again. I haven’t really had it out all that much in the previous weeks and I feel bad. I need to get it out and get back into my photographing mood. I am ready for it! It will make for a fun weekend and I am looking forward to it because the last couple of weekends have been pretty boring and laid back at our house. Don’t get me wrong, it was definitely nice to have a weekend to ourselves.

THURSDAY: I had intentions of finishing this post yesterday. I always have intentions of finishing the post when I start writing it, but it doesn't always end up that way. The grade for the final I took yesterday is already posted and I got a... wait for it... wait for it... an A-. Okay, so an A would have been better, but for the class and the teacher and the format of the exam and the fact that as I was going through it I could really have cared less about some of the answers that I put, I was pretty happy with that grade. I was pretty ecstatic to even see that it was up already because that teacher is known for not putting grades up right away. I also found out that I got an A on my last presentation in that class which was awesome. If I factored my grade out correctly, I will be getting an A... heck yeah! The presentation that I had to give yesterday went well also. I'm pretty much guaranteed an A in my other two classes, but I won't say for sure because then I'll jinx myself and end up with an A-. I need to get at least an 85% on both my presentation and my last assignment for my Implantables class to pull of an A in there and at least a 75% on my final in my other class (and that is factoring in 100% for my class participation grade and I think I participated enough in that class to get all the points for it). And I'm anticipating on getting better than all of those grades. All of this math is making my head hurt, haha!

I am excited for this weekend because I am going to be photographing a small wedding. I haven't had my camera out nearly as much as I would like and so to get it out again is exciting. To get back to my element. I haven't had many photo shoots after this fall, so to have another one is exciting. Sometimes I sit back and look at my photos and think, man did I really take those. Of course I have ones that didn't turn out just the way I wanted, but then again, I have ones that I absolutely fall in love with!

Then on Sunday I am meeting up with my besties to do some shopping. I am so happy that we've all been able to continue to get together after we graduated and still want to get together. Love those ladies and any time we spend together is never enough, but we always have a blast. The last time all four of us were able to make it was back in August (I think) and so it's been TOO long! Can't wait to catch up with everyone! And I'm so excited that I'll be moving closer to one soon! Of course that means leaving the one that still lives here in Point with me. So it's exciting and a bummer at the same time.

Next week, if the weather holds, I'm heading to Green Bay to spend some time with another bestie of mine. We are going to do a mini photo shoot of me. I want to make something nice for Jay for Christmas even though we said we weren't going to get anything for each other. I'm excited to be in front of the camera for once and to get some nice pictures of myself. My friend is dabbling in photography and it's going to be free so it's not really spending any money and I get to spend time with my bestie, which happens WAY less than it should! And then it's Christmas! This money is really flying by, although this week seems to be dragging. I cannot believe how slow this week is going. Maybe it's because I haven't had a lot to do and so I haven't done too much and it is making time go slower. I shouldn't be complaining about how slow time is going because I'm so often complaining about how fast it is going, but I am, haha!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: