Thursday, December 22, 2011

{that's a wrap}

Well folks, the semester is done and over with for me and I couldn't be more excited. Honestly though, I haven't had much to do/worry about for the last two weeks. It hasn’t been a very stress filled end of the semester for a change and I couldn't be happier! I am waiting on two final grades for my clinic and capstone credits. I ended up with an A in my Counseling class, an A in my Implantable class, and an A- in my Pathologies II class. I was pretty upset with the A- because the professor neglected to inform the students how she was determining the grade (which was different than the grades posted online) and here I was pretty confident I was getting an A... guess not. And she didn't even include one of the homework assignments that we had which I had gotten a 100% on and I know that would have helped. And what makes it worse is that I barely got the A- with a 90.6%! Ugh! Hoping for an A for capstone and clinic though. We shall see...

Ayden had his school Christmas concert this week and both Jay and I went to see him. It was cute! They only sang two songs and I was only able to get one of them taped though because I forgot how to use the video function on my camera at first and then by the time I figured it out again, the song was over, ha! But the second song was pretty cute. I also found out that Ayden won a coloring contest in his class the other day! How exciting! He is very artistic!

I am counting down the hours until Friday. I am excited to go 'home' for a few days and to see everyone. We are going to have a very busy couple of days, but that is okay. It is always a lot of fun. I think I am most excited about Ayden opening his presents. We definitely went overboard this year, okay, so it was me who went overboard, but that's okay. I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but we did end up getting him an iPod Touch. I haven't really gotten any negative comments about getting him one when he is only seven, but I have read a few things on other people's Facebook pages discussing the ages that we get children electronics these days. I did see a lot more people getting their children thing at such a young age. And, yes, I do think that Ayden is maybe a little young for one, but I also know that he is fairly responsible. He has had his Nintendo DS for a year and a half now and he has been very responsible with that. He plays on my tablet all of the time and is very good with that too. What I thought was insane was these parents getting their children these super expensive cameras and/or giving them their old ones. We are talking about giving a six year old a $400 camera! Not in my house, haha! But all the more power to them. I won't judge their parenting styles because I know how much I dislike it when people do it to mine.

It looks like we will not be having a white Christmas this year, but you know what... I could really care less! I don't like the snow and don't want any snow. If I have to deal with the cold temperatures, I'd rather deal with them when the ground is not covered in anything. Ha!

I have all of the presents wrapped and am most of the way packed for this weekend. We will be coming back to our place for a few days then going to Wisconsin Dells for a few days with my mom, brother, sister, and her boyfriend. I am really excited about that because Ayden is tall enough to go down all of the water slides this year! I hope that he doesn't get afraid.

Final clinic grade came in and I’m not very happy with it. Makes me want to cry. It’s passing and all, but still… not what I wanted to find out before Christmas… ugh, trying to get myself out of this funk with the grade and ready to have a great holiday weekend!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: