Sunday, December 11, 2011

{get to it}

I have to admit that my ambition to work out lately has been nil… I took two weeks ‘off’ after Thanksgiving and haven’t had the want to start back up. These last two weeks have led me to eating less than healthy, from eating too little to eating too much and not working out at all. This past week I told myself that I was going to start working out again on Monday and get back into a good routine with it. With the holidays I know that my eating habits were not going to be stellar and that by working out I could allow myself to indulge a little more than I have been these last few months. I was pleasantly surprised when I came back home from Thanksgiving and I hadn’t gained any weight and let me tell you, I wasn’t watching what I was eating AT ALL!

Since Thanksgiving… I’ve gained a few pounds back. Nothing that I ‘should’ be worried about, but it doesn’t make me happy and I know I have only myself to blame. I haven’t been working out and I have been eating/snacking WAY more than I need to be. What can I say, chocolate is just calling out to me! I haven’t had any willpower to stop myself either. If it’s there, I eat it. My portion sizes have gotten bigger and I just tell myself that at the next meal I won’t eat as much and it doesn’t happen. Then I say that tomorrow will be better and tomorrow comes and it isn’t any better. And then I get mad at myself for the number on the scale. I NEED to curb this now because I’ve worked too hard to start gaining back the weight that I’ve lost. I know that I’ve been through this over and over here on my blog, but my writing all of this out on here, it holds me more accountable. Or at least I’m hoping it is going to hold me more accountable. We are taking a mini vacation to the Dells right after Christmas and I want to be swimsuit ready still by that time.

I worked out on Thursday and Friday and then didn’t yesterday. I know I should have and I feel bad about it. I am going to work out tonight… right after I finish this post, I am going to go work out. I think that not working out has been one of the big reasons that I have been feeling so low lately. Working out is not only good for the body, but also for the soul and I know that when I was working out consistently, I was in a much better mood. Lately with not working out, I can feel that not only am I eating more, but my moods haven’t been as good. I’m feeling down, mad at myself, lazy, just don’t want to be around people. That has to changed. I need to get out of this funk. I will get out of this funk. Especially with school ending soon, I need to keep on the upswing and not the downswing.
With that… I am going to GET TO IT!!!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

UPDATED: I worked out tonight and did some strength training and I have to admit, despite the fact that I feel all wobbly now, I am feeling much better than I have all day long!

0 comments: