Tuesday, December 6, 2011

{nothing lasts forever}

I was paging through some old photos on facebook last night as I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep (stupid short nap I took in the afternoon screwed me up on that one... and I think the caffine I had for supper probably helped too) and I realized that my little boy isn't so little anymore. Okay, so he is... I mean, he's only seven years old, but he has come such a long way since he was born. And I don't mean that in he had to go through any huge medical scares or anything, just that he has grown so much. I feel like I blinked and the last seven years passed me by in a haze. I was looking at his picture on the first day of second grade and think where did my little boy who needed his mommy for everything go?!

I have a little man now who doesn't need his mom to accompany him downstairs to play. I have a little man who can pick out his own clothes and get dressed himself. I have a little man who is responsible for bringing home stuff from school every day to get signed. I have a little man who used to be my little boy not too long ago.

Time is fleeting and it goes so much faster when you have kids. The saying is SO true! And... it just seems to speed up just that much more every year that goes by. Sometimes I wish it to go a little faster, like those days when Ayden and I are not on the same wave length and neither of us can get along... yes, as a parent, it does happen. Not our best parenting moments, but everyone has them. And then on days (most days), I wish it to slow down just a little bit more. I want my little man to still need his mommy and still want his mommy. And for he most part, he still does want his mommy. Case in point, I got home from clinic tonight and he wanted to cuddle with me after I got in the door. Love him!

Speaking of clinic, today was my last day until the end of January. I am happy for the rotation to be over, but I will miss it. I did enjoy going. I brought donuts as a treat for my last day and I was able to get to see an appointment that I have been wanting to see for a while now which was pretty cool.

I've read two books in the last week. Well, probably less than the last week. I started the Hunger Game series. I had heard some good things about it and then I saw that they were making at least the first book into a movie and the preview for the movie looked really good so I thought about reading the book. The first book was really good and so I went ahead and read the second book as well. Another good book. I love getting sucked into a series and really getting to know the characters and feel like they are real. I tend to get attached to the characters in my books, especially if the books are really good. And then it makes it harder for me to finish a good book and then pick up a new one and having to get drawn into the new characters and story when I am still attached to the old ones. That is what I think about series, you don't have to get to re-know the characters. Anyways, there is a third book in the series and I don't know if I am going to read it or not. I was all gunho on downloading and starting it right away tonight after finishing the second book, but I read some reviews about it on amazon and although it has far more good reviews than bad reviews, it is the bad reviews that are holding me back. I have read the synopses of the book and overall it just doesn't sound as good as the first two and I don't think I want to 'waste' the money on it when I'm sure there are better books out there that I can read. But, I did just read two books and the semester isn't quite over so I probably shouldn't even start another book until my last final is over. Unlikely, haha! Once I get into my reading moods, I usually read 6-8 books in a row and then don't read anything for another month or so and then go through my cycle again.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: