Wednesday, July 10, 2013

{let's go for a run}

I had absolutely no intentions of working out last night. I got home from work around 6pm, had supper, and thought about going for a run, but my stomach was full and I had a show on TV that I wanted to watch. I was being lazy. Had no good excuse.

My show started at 7pm (Extreme Makeover Weight Loss) and the little man got home from bowling. He started watching it with me and then around 7:45pm he asked me if I wanted to go for a run with him. I had to ask him two or three times if he was actually serious because I didn't believe him. Sure enough, he wanted to.

I quickly changed out of my work clothes, threw my hair up, and out the door we were. I didn't know how much of an actual run it was going to be because Ayden hadn't run with me in quite a few weeks and I didn't know what kind of attitude he would have while we were out there. We just went to the track like we normally do and after a quick warm up, we started around. Our mini goal was to run two laps, walk one, run, etc...

Ayden managed the first two laps (half a mile) pretty easily and then we walked for about 3/4 of the track before another 2.5 laps. Ayden took a quick potty break and then we started running again. About halfway through Ayden set the goal of us running three miles. As we started back up around 1.5 miles, we made it another two laps around and I asked Ayden if he needed to walk again and he said no. We made it three laps around with no walking and then the little man needed to walk again. We walked, for maybe a quarter of a lap before he started to run again and we finished up running. He ran he last 1.5 miles with almost NO walking! Granted, we went at a slower pace, but it was awesome! So proud of him!

And then of course we raced up the hill on the way home!

No workout Tuesday ended with a fun three mile run/walk with my favorite little man! Great way to end the day!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: