Thursday, July 25, 2013

{another year of family camping}

We spent this last weekend out of cellphone range. Well, not quite, as I'm sure I could have made a received a call if it was an emergency, but far enough of a range that my internet didn't work very well on the phone, so for the majority of the weekend, I just left it alone. And it felt nice! Confession time, I'm pretty attached to my phone. Too attached sometimes, so it was nice to just go without. Leave Facebook, Instagram, and Blogger alone for a few days and focus on my family instead.
 
We were camping with my dad's family and it was a ton of fun! It always is. Lots of good food. Too much good food! Lots of laughing, sitting around the campfire, swimming, running around, just lots of good family fun! It was also very relaxing. Ayden spent the majority of the weekend playing with cousins and not hanging on mommy. He stayed up too late, ate too much food with sugar in it, and had a great time! I'd call that a success! We all had a good time! And so another year is over and we are all anxiously awaiting next year!
 
We have another family camping trip coming up with Jay's dad's side of the family; however, I will be helping my mom move that weekend, so I probably won't get to enjoy a whole lot of it. I'm okay with that. As much as I love Jay's family (both sides), I just have more fun with my own. In any case, I know that him and Ayden will enjoy it. When Ayden gets together with his cousins on that side of the family, I see even less of him, haha!
 
I wish I had some pictures to share, but I purposely left my camera at home because I didn't want to be 'stuck' behind it the whole weekend. I wanted to enjoy the weekend for what it was, family time!
 
It was back to the grind at work today and it felt nice. The day went fast. I like those kind of days!
 
CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: