Thursday, April 24, 2014

{daddy}

I've said it before, but it needs to be said again. I am so blessed to be married to Jay and to have him as the father of our children. Is our marriage perfect? No. But no ones is. Is he the perfect dad? No. But no one is. I mean, I can't even admit to being the perfect mom. No one can. But do we do the best that we can? Yes.


I think I mentioned how great that Jay was while we were in the hospital and how much help he was while I was having a hard time getting around. I could totally haven done it alone while in the hospital had I needed to, but there would have been a lot more crying as I was a lot more slow moving than he was. And things have continued to work well at home. 

Now that Jay has returned to work, I am home alone with Xander all day. I am really hoping the weather starts to warm up soon because I am getting antsy sitting inside and would like to go for some walks soon. I am really starting to feel like my old self and need to get out and moving. It is harder to do that when you have a new baby and it is not very warm out. And I'm in no shape ready to do any at home workouts... Not for another few weeks. I just want to go for a walk! Haha!

Because Jay is at work, the baby duty falls on me. The day and night stuff. But, when Jay does get home from work, even after a long day, he doesn't complain when I ask him to change a diaper or take the baby for a little while to give me a quick break. It makes for a much happier momma.

We kind of had an understanding that since he is working, I would do the night feelings because I can nap with Xander during the day. Pst, I have actually yet to slow down and nap with him though, so I'm really just as tired. Anyways, I have been doing the night feedings and I have to say that our little guy has been great so far... Having a bottle around 8 or 9, sleeping until about midnight, feed, sleeping until about 3 or 4, and then up again around 6. It may sound like a lot, but honestly, I was expecting it to be worse, so I'm happy for the time being because I know that there will be bad nights as well. Anyways, I was just exhausted last night and did the midnight feeding, but when Xander woke up around 3, I chanced it and asked Jay if he wouldn't mind feeding him and he didn't bat an eye and got right up with him. It was nice to be able to stay in bed for a few extra hours last night. Makes for a happier momma!

Further, there are some rummage sales that I plan on going to this weekend and Jay didn't bat an eye when I told him that I was leaving the kiddos at home with him. And the great thing is that I didn't even think twice about leaving him with the kids alone. I know that he can handle them. And honestly, I am kind of looking forward to a little baby free time. I could cuddle Xander all day, but I'm also in need of some adult conversation and interaction. 

My mom is coming over on Saturday morning to watch the tiny man so that Jay and I can go watch Ayden's soccer game and I am excited to go see him without the babe just because I'll be able to focus all of my attention on him for a little while. I've been trying really hard to make sure he doesn't feel left out at all. Then it's rummage sale time and after that we are having Easter with my immediate family. It's going to be a busy and fun Saturday!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: