Wednesday, April 23, 2014

{January 2015}

So, I may just be crazy... Okay, so I know that I am crazy... I have been for quite a while,  I mean why else would the white vans be after me? You know who you are if you get that reference, haha! I've always enjoyed being outside the box and doing the unexpected. It makes people think twice about you and think, wow, she is someone to watch out for. I mean, who else wears a picture of a 'hot guy' one their shirt every Friday during their senior year of high school? It may have even been during a bit of my junior year as well, I don't remember. Yes, crazy.


Crazy enough to end up pregnant at 17 (okay, so that wasn't exactly planned), and then crazy enough to not let it affect her goals and plans and go to college, get her bachelors, get her doctorate, and then marry her best friend. Yeah, crazy, haha!

Anyways, what does any of this have to do with January 2015? Nothing really, I just felt like babbling for a little while.

However, as of yesterday, I may have just done the craziest thing that I've ever done in my entire life and that is registering for the Dopey  Challenge at Disney World this coming January. What is the Dopey Challenge you ask? Well I am so glad that you did. The Dopey Challenge is something new and in fact, this past year was the first year that Disney actually had it. The Dopey Challenge is a series of runs in the Disney parks. It is a four day event, where on day one you run a 5K, day two you run a 10K, day three you run a half marathon (13.1 miles) and on day four you run a full marathon (26.2 miles). Yes, you read that right... A full marathon! 

And the best part, it all takes place at Disney and you end up with six medals at the end, and did I mention that it is at Disney? My bestie, Victoria, and I are doing this together! I am SO excited and yet scared crapless about it too. You need to have a pace time of a 16 minute mile in order to not be 'swept' up on the course and not finish, but that is essentially walking pace and the only one that I am really worried about right now is the full marathon. Although I figure I could walk the whole thing and still be okay. Anyways, Victoria and I have a training plan all set up and I cannot wait to get started! 

At this point I'm still taking things nice and slow. Obviously no working out less than two weeks post baby. I've gone for a walk, and been out to a few stores walking, but nothing long or far. Still healing and in don't want to hinder the healing process at all, so slow it Is. 

The Dopey Challenge is my big after baby accomplishment that I want to do! It is going to be great!

Also, on another positive note, 9 days post baby, I tried on a pair of prepregnancy jeans and they fit! Granted, they are one of the bigger pairs I had and by fit, I mean, I was able to suck in far enough to get them buttoned, haha! I didn't say they fit well or even super comfortable, but even so, made my day! There are definitely more pairs that won't fit than that will fit at this point, but who cares... It is after all ONLY 9 days after Xander has been born. I never dreamed I'd fit into them this fast. Honestly, it has done wonders for my mood though feeling more and more like my old self every day now. Although, I'd love a full nights sleep, lol! As if that is going to happen anytime soon! 

So, wish me luck or call me crazy for signing up for the Dopey Challenge... Either way, I refuse to do anything but ROCK it! Just you wait and see!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

V!ctor!a said...

Funny how so many of your crazy things involve me....coincidence? I think not. To this day I stay away from the white vans, they want our communicator rings!