Tuesday, April 29, 2014

{the real work begins}

At two weeks postpartum, I think I have lost all of the 'easy' weight that I am going to. The scale (yes, it has unfortunately re-entered my life as a regular) has remained pretty stable the last four or five days. I am happy to say that I am only about 10 lbs away from my prepregnancy weight, although I won't be happy with that weight unless I am as fit as I was prior. IE: if I get to that weight and am still flabby, I'll be sad, but if I get to that weight and have the muscle and endurance I once did, then okay. I know it is going to take time to build up that muscle and endurance again and I am looking forward to it.


I'm not going to get hung up on how fast or slow the scale moves in the downward direction, because honestly, I am just so happy that I am feeling better. Really, this pregnancy did me in. I packed up all of my maternity clothes, but I don't know what to do with them. Right now I can't even think about being pregnant again, but I don't want to say that our family is complete either. If we don't add anymore children to our family, I'd be okay with that, but if we do, that'd be great too. Do I want to to be pregnant again, not really. But if I'm being completely honest, for as much as I disliked being pregnant, there have been moments here and there where I've missed those baby kicks and hiccups and just knowing that he was safe inside me.

Anyways, with that, I need to get my food in order. We just celebrated Easter and staying away from that Easter candy while I am home all day has been my biggest struggle. My meals themselves have been relatively healthy, it's all of the extra chocolate that I can't seem to keep out of my mouth! I typically have been having a fruit smoothie for breakfast, a sandwich thin and some fresh veggies or fruit for lunch, and then a smaller portion of whatever we are having for supper. I've also been trying to up my water intake again. They say you should drink about half your body weight in water each day and I've been pretty good about at least getting close to that.

The worst part is the crappy weather that we have been having lately. Now that I am feeling more like my old self (albeit not completely normal or fully healed yet), I want to be moving and outside. It is getting hard to just sit inside everyday, especially with a dog who wants to be outside and has a lot of energy. Yesterday, in the drizzling rain, I packed up the tiny man in his a car seat and stroller, double blanketed him so he wouldn't feel any wind or rain, leashed up the dog, and we went for a 3/4 mile walk. It was slow... I mean I was pushing a stroller and trying to handle a 65 lb dog who still isn't fully leash trained yet, but we made it. It was a little windy, but not too cold. I just needed to get out for a bit. I wanted to do a mile, but I didn't want to push myself too hard. I just needed to move a bit.

So, until I get the okay to start actually working out again, I'm going to really try focusing on healthy eating and the short walks that I go on during the hopefully non crappy weather that we will soon have. Hey, a girl can hope, right?! I want to enjoy at least some of my time off outside!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: