Monday, April 21, 2014

{post baby everything}

Xander is officially a week old today and I cannot believe where the last week has gone. The week before he was born went extremely slow because I couldn’t wait to meet him and now that he is here, time just doesn’t seem to slow down! It doesn’t help that we have been relatively busy this past week getting into a routine at home and having visitors over and it being Easter and all. I just hope that the next couple of weeks while I am off don’t fly by as fast because I want to really enjoy the time that I have off with the tiny man.

Today is the first day that Jay has gone back to work since Xander has been born. It has just been me and Ayden at home because he still had off school for Easter. We’ve been doing alright. Jay didn’t sleep well last night, so I hope that his first day back is going alright. I took the night feedings last night, so it wasn’t because he was up with the baby. I think he was just nervous about going back to work. Nervous for what, I don’t know… I do know that he said he was ready to go back. He is a doer and doesn’t really like sitting around doing nothing and after a week off, he was ready to go back.

Me, I’m still doing pretty good for just having a baby a week ago. Tired, yes. Extremely tired yet, not quite. Sore, yes, but definitely not as sore as I was a week ago and each day continues to get better and better. I feel more like my old self than I have in the last nine months and I know that that is helping with my mood immensely. I am able to fit back into some of my pre-pregnancy clothes and it feels great. I haven’t tried any pre-pregnancy jeans on yet, but that is okay because I know that they won’t quite fit and I’m not ready to tackle those feelings yet, haha!

I did brave stepping on the scale though. I just had to see the number. My pre-pregnancy weight was 123. At my last doctor’s appointment (three days before Xander was born), the scale read 156. That is a 33lb weight gain for the pregnancy which was I was totally okay with. I was also okay with the fact that it was going to take just as long to lose the weight as it was to gain it. When I stepped on the scale this morning, it read 136lbs. 20lbs gone in a week. I’ll take that! 13lbs to go! Actually, the number on the scale isn’t as important as being healthy and feeling good (and fitting back into my clothes).

I’m even brave enough to share a picture with ya’ll. On the left is pre-pregnancy. Damn, I felt good about that body! On the right is one week after baby. Thank you Belly Band for helping that pooch get back to where it belongs. Honestly, I did not expect the pooch to go down as fast as it has, but you won’t find me complaining about it either. I know that I’ll get back to where I was at some point. No working out/running for me until I get the okay from the doctor. Until then, I’m going to concentrate on trying to eat a little healthier now that I can tolerate more of the food that I couldn’t last week. Really, it’s like Xander ONLY wanted me to eat carbs, haha! I’ll get back into my running and workouts soon enough. No rush. It just helps that my overall mood right now that I am feeling better, even if it isn’t perfect.10246722_10100400220114331_8678516164888147039_n My little man is doing great as usual. He is still as sassy and loveable as ever and I cannot get enough of him. He had a great Easter and was spoiled and will be spoiled next week as well when we have a little Easter at our house with my mom, sister, and brother. It’s never ending fun around here!IMG_0815 And here are my boys on Easter! My boys. I seriously cannot get over the fact that I now have children. Children. Two kids. Two boys. More than one. Crazy! Love it! Love them! Seriously though, are they not just the two cutest little guys you’ve ever seen! Biased, yes! My heart overflows! Feeling overly blessed!IMG_0824 IMG_0827 And here are a few pictures from Xander’s first photoshoot with mommy! He did great and slept through most of it, albeit it wasn’t very long. I wanted to do a quick one when we got home from the hospital, but that didn’t happen, so I had to wait to do a ‘one week old’ one, haha! Okay, so I didn’t have to, but I wanted to. He’s definitely in for it, haha! He’s donning the adorable hat and booties that my cousin, Amanda, made for him. Aren’t they seriously the cutest things you’ve ever seen! I cannot get over them!IMG_0858 IMG_0862 CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: