Tuesday, May 13, 2014

{first Mother's Day as...}

...a mommy of two! And it was great! Ayden made me the cutest little gift in school with the sweetest poem inside. I could sit here and complain that I didn't get to sleep in and Jay did. I could complain that Jay didn't even take the boys out to get me something, but I'm not going to. Despite the fact that it would have been nice to be a little spoiled on Mother's Day, I just revelled in the fact that I am blessed enough to be a mom, and a mom to two little boys that I couldn't fathom my life without. We spent the morning chilling at home together and it was great. I got in some extra snuggles and just loved it.


In the afternoon, we headed over to my mom's place and celebrated Mother's Day with her. We had some yummy food, of which I indulged in just a bit too much, haha! And then drove home in the pouring rain. Ah, but alas, it was a great day!

And because it was crappy weather yesterday, Jay ended up getting the day off. He headed into work, but got called off before he arrived, so he came back home and took over baby duty for me in the morning and let me sleep in and he even took Ayden to school. I slept in until about 8am and I am not going to lie, it felt nice! Xander continues to get up about twice a night and as much as it sucks sometimes, it could be worse and I'm not super exhausted all day and I often don't end up napping either.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: