Monday, May 5, 2014

{three weeks}

I'm having a hard time figuring out where the last three weeks have gone. I know that time flew just as fast when Ayden was a baby and the last 10 years have literally flew by in the blink of an eye. It is crazy. I am going to enjoy these next four weeks at home with Xander and hope that they go nice and slow. And then summer is going to start and I know that it is going to fly by as well and before we know it, we are going to be back in the cold weather. Wisconsin is supposed to have all four seasons, but I feel like they get an unequal amount of time to be enjoyed by us and that it is colder a lot longer than it is warmer, but that is just me.


We had a good weekend. I feel like I didn't get to see my husband during any if it, but it was still good. On Saturday, I walked my first official 5k since Xander was born. It was a 'color run' but not the OFFICIAL one. We (Ayden, my sister, her boyfriend, Victoria, and her little man, Parker), did this run last year and had a great time. I didn't really plan on doing it this year, but my sister suggested it, so we did and this year my mom joined us. Emily, John, and Ayden walked/ran it, and my mom and I just walked it. Up until Saturday I had only walked one mile increments and I definitely felt it afterwards in my back, so I was kind of concerned how I was going to make it through a longer walk. 

The weather was cool and windy, but we survived and got full of color! It took me just under an hour to walk the whole thing which I thought was pretty good considering. I wore my belly binder which helps more now for the slight lingering back aches and I felt pretty good throughout the entire walk. I'm not going to lie though, I wanted to be one of the runners. It was hard for me to be walking it and not running It. I know the time will come, but still. That just means I still have the want for running within me. But on the other hand, I am nervous about starting up again after such a long break. I am excited to break in some new shoes though! 

During the walk, Xander hung out at my dad's house and was watched by Wendy and Alexis. Jay was turkey hunting. Ayden decided to stay at my dad's house after the walk to play with Alexis, so it was just me and Xander at home afterwards. Jay was helping with a brat fry and then headed back out to hunt some more. 

Sunday, Jay had to work until noonish, so the boys and I chilled at home, made a Walmart run, and relaxed. After Jay got home he did the most amazing thing. He took both boys AND the dog out to his grandparents house for a few hours. His grandparents needed help putting the pier in on the lake and his grandma couldn't say no to baby time, lol! I had the ENTIRE house to myself (well the cat was here) and it was pure bliss! I needed some downtime as lately Xander has been having some long cranky periods which definitely take a lot out of this momma. But you know what... I enjoyed probably the first hour alone and then just waited for my family to return, haha! Jay definitely got the worlds best hubby award yesterday, even if he took the boys and then didn't end up even having to watch them himself. 

This week I have decided to drop Ayden at school off myself, whereas since Xander has been born, Wendy has picked him up from our house on her way to drop Alexis off (when I go to work, I drop Ayden off at their house in the morning). I know that Wendy would have gladly continued to pick Ayden up from our house on their way as it is on the way for her, but for whatever reason I wanted to get into a good routine of doing it in the morning. Slowly adding things to our morning routines will make getting ready when I go back to work hopefully easier in the coming weeks. Anyways, I got caught up in writing out some bills this morning and before I knew it, I had about 7 minutes before I wanted to leave and I hadn't dressed Xander yet. And of course in the middle of changing his diaper, he decided he needed to poop and pee everywhere. Thanks buddy! Haha! We still got out of the house on time, but it definitely added some stress for mommy! The joys of a baby!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you found some time to breathe! Always a blessing with small children!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com