Saturday, April 10, 2010

Look what I made!

There is the photography website that I frequent on a daily basis… I go to seek inspiration from other photographers, to learn, and to just see the awesomeness of their photographs and to wish that someday I might even be a quarter as good as they are. Well, many of these photographers on the website do newborn photography, and if you know anything about that, hats and headbands with big flowers and bow are IN! They aren’t just in for photography, they are in for little babies and little girls in general (well hats for girls and boys). I’ve perused many an etsy shop that sell these hats and headbands and thought to myself, well I can make at least one type of headband myself, or at least I can try, right?

And make some uber cute headbands I did and for a smidge of the cost of what one costs online. Not that I wouldn’t at some point buy some from these etsy shops because there are a TON of hats and headbands that I cannot make, but these ones I can. Are they not super adorable?!IMG_5040 I headbands came in a six pack, I got the flowers for $1 a piece (although I probably could have gotten them cheaper at the dollar store), and the jewels came in a pack of 20 for about $3, and then instead of gluing the flowers straight on the headband, I got clips for them. That way you can wear the headbands with the flowers or just the flowers alone, or switch up which headband you want with which flower. And they took all of a half hour to make all six of them! I originally started out making them for my friend who just found out she is having twin girls. I was going to give her four of them and then give the other two to my friend who I just took pictures for because she has two adorable little girls as well. And then I was thinking, well I am going to be taking some pictures for another friend in about a month and she has four little girls and I was thinking how cute they would look in them too! So… what I think I am going to do, is go out tomorrow and get another pack of headbands and some more flowers and make six more to give to my other friend. Or maybe I will keep them and/or ask if she would like them after we are done with the pictures and just charge her like $10 for all of them, and if not, I have them for future photography props! Anyways, I thought I would share my little craft of the day! I love how they turned out!

Before I got started on my craft of the day, Jay and I cleaned out our garage. I like that its now all clean and mostly organized and I can drive in there and not worry about hitting something, hehe! Ayden had lots of fun running around on his scooter and just enjoying the nice weather. It looked like it was going to rain out for awhile this morning, but thankfully it didn’t and the day turned out to be really beautiful!

After lunch, we headed out for a little while. We went to the golf course and Jay and Ayden hit some of golf balls on the driving range and I stood by taking pictures!IMG_5052On our way to the golf course! I love these kind of shots! Jay looked at me like I was crazy when I took this picture. Men, hehe!IMG_5056Ayden busy getting his golf clubs out while Jay went to go get a bucket full of golf balls! Looks at me like I’m crazy for taking a picture of him, he should know me better than that by now!IMG_5064Daddy teaching Ayden how its done! Love this shot!IMG_5072 IMG_5079 IMG_5102Lining up their shots! I tried getting a shot with them swinging at the same time, but they wouldn’t listen to me and I couldn’t get it! Darn those boys who don’t listen when they are supposed to!IMG_5108ALL DONE!IMG_5122We headed out to my favorite photography spot after hitting the golf course, although there were quite a few fishermen down by the river as well. I didn’t get as much shots as I would have liked, but I didn’t want it to be too much of a set up thing either, more so just cute shots if I could get them… think this one turned out pretty cute!

IMG_5123And then I had Ayden take some of Jay and myself. I don’t particularly care for either of the ones that he took, but its very rare that I get any shots of Jay and myself, so to get two that look halfway decent…. I’ll take those, especially since Ayden took them! Love how Jay looks pained in both of them. Its very rare that he smiles ‘decent’ in any picture! Boy, will he have a tough time at our wedding, lol!IMG_5133The other one that I liked… well after some editing of course!IMG_5157I got myself a new pair of flip flops from Shopko today (well actually two) and these ones are super comfy! I’ve only ever really liked the cheap ones from Old Navy and I digress, theses are like a dollar more, but they are super cute and just as comfy so I couldn’t pass them up. The other pair I got was a different kind, but I think I might need to go back tomorrow and get another pair because a woman can never have too many flip flops, can she?IMG_5159Ayden was pretty adamant about finding stuff to throw in the ‘raging’ river! He had lots of fun and didn’t want to leave when it was time to go!IMG_5166IMG_5172As for the rest of the  night, I think I’m going to sit down and watch some TV. I feel like I haven’t really sat down and relaxed at all today. Or maybe I will sit down and fold some laundry… yeah since there is three baskets that need to be folded. Maybe pop a good movie in and do that. Tomorrow will be working on my project day. My goal is to have my rough draft sent in to my professor by then so that she can take a look at it next week and then the following weekend and week I can put the finishing touches on it before my presentation on the 22 or 23… plenty of time in my eyes and during our conference she said that it sounded like I had a pretty good start and I feel like I do so we will see.

Jay has been laid up pretty much all afternoon with a headache. I’m thinking its a caffeine headache since he normally has a soda early in the day and he didn’t have one all day. Kind of a bummer since he doesn’t feel good, but I guess it happens to all of us. Ready for some more beautiful weather tomorrow… might head out to the park or on a bike ride, looking forward to it!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

mittelmommy said...

hey
i was just wondering where you picked up the headband packs, and the flowers? i was looking this past weekend at hobby lobby and the deals were not as good as what you found!
thanks! i too love the headbands everyone is selling, but they can add up and i am somewhat crafty so i thought i could do it but the pack of flowers themselves were ten bucks.