Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mommy and Me Date

Ayden and I had a ‘mommy and me date’ last night! We went to go see the movie How to Train your Dragon in 3D! It was a fun night! We left as soon as Ayden got off the bus because the theater that was playing it in 3D was about a half hour away. I originally wasn’t going to go see it in 3D, but two of my friends said that it was really good in 3D and that we HAD to go see it like that. I figured since the theater wasn’t THAT far away, it just might be worth it.

And it SO was!

I splurged and got the ‘fixings’, lol! Well… it was going to be our supper! Actually, I originally just got a popcorn, nachos, and soda and had declined Ayden’s request for an icee… but then… I just couldn’t resist making it extra special and got him one just because. We shared everything and… get this… had the ENTIRE theater to ourselves! How cool was that?! It was so nice because then I didn’t have to keep shushing Ayden when he would talk throughout some parts.

The movie itself was definitely cute. Not something I’d go see on my own, of course, but it kept my attention throughout the whole thing and I wasn’t bored out of my mind wondering why I just spent $10 on a movie ticket for some crap! And the whole 3D aspect was definitely pretty cool! I’d never seen a movie in 3D before and it was pretty top notch. There were a few points where I could feel a headache coming on, but it wasn’t as bad as I'd heard from my boss about some people’s experience seeing Avatar in 3D. (Speaking of which, we have at home in non 3D and have yet to watch.)

Anyways, it was a good night out for just me and Ayden. Jay worked late, but I don’t think he really would have wanted to come along anyways or enjoyed the movie… mommy and me date it was! And I know that Ayden enjoyed it because he walked out of the movie talking about how it was the best he’s ever seen and wondering when the second and third one were going to come out, lol! And then he was drawing dragons left and right after we got home. Now that’s some dedication, hehe!

I felt that we needed some quality time together since the next two weeks are going to be pretty hectic getting my exams and practicals done… well now its down to about a week and a half. I even brought some of my lab work home tonight to answer some of the questions which would be all fine and dandy… if I knew what I was looking at on the lab sheets, oh ugh! Damn lab!

On the bright side (since I’ve been feeling pretty cruddy lately, but that’s a whole ‘nother post), today was my last day of clinic for the next month and a half. And of course something ‘crazy’ had to go on. My last appointment was supposed to be at 10:30 and wasn’t supposed to take very long. Unfortunately the patient didn’t show up until 11:30! And the appointment took twice as long as it should have! Sometimes I get so frustrated, but I know I shouldn’t. I can’t control everything, well much less anything, and just  need to deal with it. In any case, despite the appointment taking longer than it should have and starting an hour late, it went well and I did my second impression (on an actual patient) of the semester. I’ve done lots of students, but only one other one on a patient.

And now I’m off to ‘pout’ because I don’t understand my lab assignment and really am not in the mood to scour the textbook to try and find out if I could understand it. And just because I’ve been feeling pretty cruddy, but like I said, a whole ‘nother post.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: