Tuesday, July 26, 2011

{off track}

My boys are off at the golf driving range and I am sitting at the kitchen table with my computer. I don’t often sit at the kitchen table with my computer, but I had some dreaded homework that I was working on yesterday and it was easier to spread everything out on the table and I just haven’t moved the computer yet and so alas here I sit. I have yet to finish all of my homework but according to the professor the due date for the assignment is sometime around the week of July 25th and by my accounts, it is only July 26th, so that leaves me at least two more days to get it in before I start to feel guilty. I am waiting on a classmate to email me back about some questions that I had on it. I participated in our online discussion already this week so I am ahead of the game for that and that should count for something, right?! Lol!

I am off track with my fitness goals, well weight goals is more like it. I have been off track with my fitness goals for the last month and a half! I am currently four pounds over what I would prefer to be which is three pounds more than my dream weight. Ugh! Although, I weighed myself tonight and that means I’m probably only two pounds over what I would like to be because on average I lose anywhere between one and two pounds each night while sleeping. Three days alone in the house with chocolate and an afternoon out with my girlfriends to Hu Hot and I was done for! Not good! My aim is to be back to my preferred weight by Friday and it’s probably doable, I’ve done it before. I would also like to restart my fitness goals, but that won’t happen until after I get back from Colorado… maybe if I stick to my fitness goals for all of August I can reach my dream weight by the time the semester starts back up in September… who knows?! I just need the motivation again!

I thought I should properly introduce you all to the wonderfulness that is my our new couch! Isn’t it beautiful, hehe! I admit, I am just a little bit overly obsessed with it. Both ends recline and it doesn’t even bother me that it hinders my ability to get into one of our closets. I am in love, lol! Because it was with a family that had two small children it does have a few where it looks a little more dingy that I probably would like, but heck, for the price we got it at, it works! And it is super comfy and oh, did I mention that I am in love?!IMG_7824IMG_7825I was perusing the celebrity magazines tonight (yes I read that horrid gossip that is usually never true) and came across a picture of Kendra Wilkinson and her son Hank and I had to post it because I am in love with baby Hank’s hair! I mean look at those curls!!! 1B2E8C0CI am SO extremely jealous because that is what Ayden’s hair is supposed to look like! Jay has super curly hair when he lets it grow long and can really get an afro going, although he hardly lets it go beyond a half an inch these days and even had me shave it down to a quarter of an inch last night. My babies with Jay are SUPPOSED to get his recessive curly hair gene, lol! They are SUPPOSED to have super cute curly hair like this little dude! I mean, hello! That’s the whole reason I fell in love with Jay… because I wanted babies with curly hair, lol! Okay, not really, but isn’t it just super cute?! I think so!

I’m in the process of writing out Ayden’s birthday invitations. Is it bad that I don’t really want to have a party for him this year?! I mean his parties are never super big or anything… we just invite family, but for some reason I’m just not feeling it this year. I’d rather have something where it’s just us and our immediate family members (ie: my immediate family and Jay’s immediate family) instead of inviting what are Ayden’s great grandparents. Actually, its more like I wouldn’t mind Jay’s grandparent’s there, but could honestly give or take mine coming. And then there is Ayden’s supposed god father. Ayden has three god parents… my sister, Jay’s aunt and Jay’s uncle. We had asked Jay’s brother’s (Adam) god parents to be Ayden’s god parents after Adam had passed away. Well… ever since the rift between Jay’s parents and one of his dad’s brother’s (who happens to be Ayden’s god father), his god father has neglected to come to any of Ayden’s birthday parties… which means like all of them except his first one. We send an invitation  each year and I get the same email back each time explaining why they will not be coming. I maybe understand why they wouldn’t come if we had the party at Jay’s parent’s house, but the first time we did that was last year, every other year it has been at our place. At one point a year or so ago I got an email asking if wanted to change Ayden’s god father to someone else because him and his wife didn’t feel like he (the god father) was really stepping up to his duties and they didn’t want us to be disappointed. I responded back and said that Jay and I still sticking with our decision of who we chose to be god parents. We (Jay and I) are not part of the rift and are still friendly with that family. But as more and more years go by I want to just scream at this particular family and Jay’s parents and say just get over it. You are FAMILY for crying out loud! How many years are you going to let this get between you. Whatever I guess, their problem.

In any case, I’ll end up inviting everyone we normally invite… just because.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: