Tuesday, July 12, 2011

{old pictures}

I’m in the midst of scrapbooking our latest family pictures and while I was moving everything from my computer desk to a different area in the basement Ayden asked if I had any scrapbooks of him and of course I told him LOTS and LOTS! That prompted me to get out the scrapbooks I’ve made for him over the years and for us to look through them. And boy was that a flood of emotions. I can’t believe how much my almost seven year old has grown since he was born. He was so tiny and he’s grown into such a little boy who is fast becoming a big boy and it scares me! He’s going to be SEVEN! That’s only THREE years away from 10 and double digits is just TOO old!

So of course looking through his scrapbooks only prompted me to start looking through old pictures of Ayden from when he was a baby. Oh how I wish I could rewind just for a day to hold that tiny cuddly baby again!

Here is my cuddle bunny while we were still in the hospital. Because digital cameras were nothing like they are today seven years ago, these pictures amount to about the quality of cellphone pictures these days. My first digital camera (the one I had until Ayden was about one) was only 1.3 megapixels! I have a 3 megapixel camera on my phone now! And I know some phones have 8 megapixel cameras, which is what I normally shoot with on my normal camera, even though I think it goes up to 15. Anyways… wasn’t he just an absolute doll?!P1010027[2] (2)Here he is just a couple of weeks later. If it’s possible he is even cuter here! You don’t realize it at the time, but time is but a mere vapor, especially in those young days and sometimes I feel like I was doing more then than I am now. I was working 24 hours a week, leaving at 6:30am and getting home around 5-5:30pm, taking two (I think) online classes which tend to take more work, and taking care of a newborn on my own for the most part since Jay and I didn’t live together then. Granted, I had my mom and sister who were available to help, but I often didn’t ask for any because I wanted to be able to do it on my own. (Not that I didn’t appreciate any help that they did offer because I did more than they will ever know!)IMG00111Here is my goober at a little over one year’s of age at our first place. I can’t remember the last bath that he took as he’s a shower kind of kind now. But boy did he love those bath bubbles!P2030066I LOVE this picture! I still get this scrunched up face now and then, only it’s without the little boy pudginess, hehe! And can you spy ALL of the toys in the background! Goodness he was never deprived of things to play with!P5150041DSC01427We still frequent this beach a lot and we still have that same pail. Ayden looks like such a little boy in this picture. I think it was probably shortly after we had buzzed his hair for the first time. What a ham!DSC01822This picture just cracks me up! He looks so little with a back pack on and now he uses one every day for school! I never thought the day would come and now he is going to be in the second grade! OMG, I think I just might have a mommy break down, hehe!DSC01233CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: