Saturday, July 23, 2011

{travelling}

Next week at this time I’ll be in the wonderful state (I’m hoping anyways) of Colorado on my way to what I’ve heard is a pretty nice resort. I’m excited to say the least! Although, I think I’m more excited to be around the scenery than I am to go to the actual educational portion of it. I’m excited to fly again. I love flying. It’s fun. I’m excited to see the mountains. I’m excited to meet a bunch of new people. But, I’m not excited to travel alone. Yes, I am travelling alone. I was supposed to be heading to Colorado with a fellow student from Madison, however something came up and she can no longer make the trip. I’m bummed to say the least because one of the main reasons I decided to do was because I would be going with someone. But, I wasn’t going to cancel just because she did. And now… I’m travelling alone.

I shouldn’t be afraid to travel alone, I’ve done it before. I flew to Vermont just before I turned 16 all by myself. I fly out of a smaller airport, but we had a layover in a larger airport and I managed to get off and onto my new flight with no problems… all at 16! My flight next week is nonstop so I should not be nervous… but I am. I think I’m most nervous about getting from the Denver airport to where I need to be. My mom and her husband have graciously accepted the task of taking me to the airport next Saturday (my honey will be at a golf outing) and she even said that they would come in with me and see me off at the security spot. I didn’t even ask… my mommy just loves me that much, hehe! Honestly, I don’t think I will have any problems, but it is nice to know that I won’t be alone until after I go through security.

I probably wouldn’t be so nervous, but unfortunately my flight is coming in later than I guess it should be according to the coordinator of the camp, but whatever I suppose. I’ll make it there and everything will be okay. I know it will. This coming week I just need to set up my transportation from the airport to the resort to make sure everything is set and my nerves will not be as high.

Next Friday starts 10 days of going going going for me! We have the Brewer’s game on Friday, then on Saturday I leave for Colorado and am there until Thursday, and then from Friday thru Sunday we are camping with the Hoerth family. I am excited for it, but I don’t want to wish the summer away because there is only a month left. Boo! Why does it always go so fast?!

Have I mentioned how much I love Pinterest?! I have found so many cool wedding ideas that I’d love to try for our wedding. Too bad it is still two years (791 days) away! Anyways, as I was pinning wedding stuff I came across this quote from Bob Marley that I fell in love with…

‘He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.’

Could it be anymore real?! As I said… love it!

I rocked out 12 miles on the bike today! I was pretty proud of myself. I wanted to do 15, but am glad that I only did 12 because the last two miles was biking against a strong wind and that was hard, especially since it was the last two miles and by that time I was SO ready to be done!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: