Saturday, June 23, 2012

{as the week continues}

I had a very productive day 'off' yesterday. (Which really was Wednesday because as the norm lately, I started this post one day and am finishing it another.) It really wasn't a day off because I spent it being busy and having a good time. We have been having some super warm weather in the area lately with high humidity and we do not have air conditioning in our new house... bummer! However, I've pretty much gotten over that fact and like I mentioned before, we are now using two small window air conditioners to cool the bedrooms down at night so we can sleep when it becomes that hot out. It is survivable!

The day was spent with Ayden and my younger sister Alexis. Ayden had spent the night at Alexis's house the night before because Jay and I were going to go to Country USA and when Ayden was being dropped off Wednesday morning Alexis looked sad and I asked her why. She said she didn't want to go to daycare and told her mom that if it was okay with her that she could spend the day with Ayden and I as we had no other plans. And so it was just Ayden, Alexis, and myself all day. And I think I sat and watched maybe a half hour of TV. Actually, I don't think the kids watched all that much either.

We went to the park, went on a walk, kicked the soccer ball around, ventured to the library, did a bit of grocery shopping, played in the sprinkler and with water guns, and my dad took the kids swimming late in the afternoon. I also loaded the dishwasher (I know, big deal, right... well it is because I don't do dishes at my house), did some laundry, organized the office a lot more, and painted the rest of the patio table, and started on some homework. So you see, it was very productive! I didn't really stop moving until I went to bed last night. Jay also made some yummy homemade chicken noodle soup for me too. I had been craving it and it is just so yummy! Although, it was a little too hot out last night to really enjoy it because eating a warm bowl of soup just made me warmer!

Tonight we are going to venture to Country USA again. (Which really was Thursday night.) We never made it on Tuesday because we took my car and it started acting up on us again. I know, I have the world's most awesome car, right?! Why can't it ever just work like I want it to? Although, I kind of thought it might act up on our drive and was glad that we took it and that it did act up because it pushed Jay and myself to order the new part right away. I had been driving it to work this week and it was fine, but I didn't quite trust it yet. The new part should be in sometime today.

We almost made it to Country USA, but not quite. The second time the car started to act up we were probably only 15-20 minutes away; however, that time it took Jay a lot longer to get the car started again and it got me a little more worried. I didn't want to be stuck in Oshkosh at midnight with a car that wouldn't start. That would definitely have been no fun. So, we turned around and stopped to eat supper at Tom's Drive In... by this point it was almost 8pm. We let the car cool down a little bit and enjoyed some couple's time and then headed home. The car made it home fine and I made Jay take it to work this morning. Tonight we are going to take Jay's truck. I really don't want to miss seeing Sugarland. Plus, tonight (Thursday night) it is supposed to be a lot cooler out too. Tuesday it was super hot.

And so, to make a long story short for this post… we made it to Country USA. Haha! I will talk about how much fun that was in my next post!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: