Monday, June 4, 2012

{this thing called boot camp}

Remember yesterday when I said I had a 5:00am wake up call for a fitness boot camp this morning... well I SURVIVED! I slept like crap last night in anticipation of it and I even dreamt about it. I had this crazy weird dream that I was going to miss it and that just screwed with my sleep. The boot camp didn't start until 5:30am, but I wanted to give myself enough time to eat something before hand and get dressed and then walk over. Too bad there is a fence behind my house because if there wasn't, it would make getting to the football field a LOT quicker. Not that the three minute walk from my house is long or anything.

Anywhoo, boot camp kicked my butt, but in a good way! It was 45 minutes long and I have to say that it went pretty fast. I think it helped that there were other people there as well. I liked the group thing. I didn't know how I was going to like it because I've always worked out alone, but it was fun. I think it helped that there were also people there that I knew. I have to say though, when I'm working out, I sort of get into a zone and try to push myself to the next level so I might have seemed a little more quiet and 'standoffish' than usual.

I think my proudest moment was doing the push-ups. I HATE push-ups, but I knocked the first eight out in no time and I could feel the strength in my arms. What I need to work on now is doing them not on my knees. I'm a work in progress, that is for sure! And despite the fact that I had to get up at 5:00am for it, I am looking forward to next week. In any case, the sky is pretty in the morning at that time of day. Even took my picture of the day of the sun rising! I don't know how sore I will be tomorrow, but that is okay. I think I might even try and get out for a bike ride or some more rollerblading tonight. Who knows. I don't really like working out, but I LOVE the feeling I get afterwards... of accomplishment and doing something good for my body. Feels great!

Week one down... seven more weeks to go... BRING IT ON!!!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: