Wednesday, June 27, 2012

{hop back to it}

It is no secret that over the last month my eating and workout habits have declined. How could it be a secret when I blog about how horrible both are almost every time I blog, haha! Truth be told, I have not made much effort to rein in my food habits too much and go back to the way I was. It was much easier to eat super healthy when I wasn't busy all day and I didn't have to cook for three. I could make Ayden something for supper and then eat something myself when Jay wasn't living with us. Lately, it's been typical summer food more often than not... hot dogs, brats, burgers, you know! What I have been trying to do is just decrease the amount that I eat and not pig out. Although, we all know that that is WAY easier said than done. Case in point... cookies from Quik Trip the other night, I may or may not have had four... four cookies at 250 calories a piece! Oops! Lol! But I had my booty kicked at my 5:30am boot camp Monday morning, so that's okay, isn't it?! Haha!

Speaking of boot camp, my legs are... KILLING ME! They weren't too bad afterwards or all day, but the day after…oh goodness! It is that good feeling hurt though. That feeling you want to feel after a good workout!

And the best news is that I've found a workout buddy to help keep me motivated! She is an almost next door neighbor and I am fastly growing to love her! Last week we went for an almost eight mile bike ride and then on Sunday we went swimming for an hour! Oh, I am going to love the fact that our town has a pool that is free for residents. Swimming just might become my new favorite workout! Plus, it burns a ton of calories and I really enjoyed it! In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I am thinking about going again tonight.

Here is me and my new friend, Sarah, after our bike ride last week! Have to admit, jealous of her bike, she kicked butt on that while I huffed and puffed on my bike!177496_10151696440680400_97932094_oLife overall has been going good. We had a good weekend. It was mostly relaxing. Ayden got to spend some time with my mom and my dad. Sometimes I feel like he is away from the house more than he is at it lately. But that is okay because he is spending time with family that we don't see very often and for us to see them regularly now is great. He has probably also slept away from the house more days in the last month than he has in the last year. As long as he is enjoying himself I am okay with it. I can't say that I don't enjoy some extra alone time with Jay. We've never had this much alone time before and it has been really good for us. Overall I think that Jay is just happier that we are in Chilton. Not that he wasn't happy when we were in Stevens Point, but to me, he just feels more laid back about things and likes being able to see everyone so often.

My externship continues to go well. I cannot believe that I have been there a month already. Time flies (as I put in almost every post)! My only gripe continues to be time management. I hate running behind. Love my supervisor to death, but yesterday we spent forty minutes just shooting the breeze with a patient. Now, I have no problem chatting with the patient after we have finished up, but this put us behind for other patients and then I didn't have any time to finish my chart note. It's no wonder my supervisor was so behind before I got here... she just can't stop talking, TO ANYONE! However, as much as that can annoy me sometimes, I think it is a big part of why her patient's keep coming back and like her so much. She is an amazing audiologist and even in the month that I have been here I have learned so much, but she also gets very personal with her patients. I think that might be something I can take from her. I think I tend to get too focused on getting the patient in, fixing their problems, and then getting them out so I can get the chart note done and get ready for the next patient. I see no problem chatting with the patient, but because I am such a Type A personality that needs everything to run in perfect order, it bugs me when we sit and talk to a patient forever when there are other things I could be doing to get ready and then I won't be running behind. Alas though, this is not my practice and I will do things the way they are done here and not gripe about it. Life will go on. And despite that point, I do love it! My supervisor and the other audiologist on staff are amazeballs! The office managers are fabulous and everyone has made me feel like a part of their small tight knit family already so it is great!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad to have made an awesome new friend too! You are such a rockstar!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com