Friday, July 27, 2012

{hanging in there}

*I make a bad habit of starting these posts while at clinic and have a bit of free time during lunch and then not finishing them or posting them until days later... ooops! This post was started on Monday (or Tuesday, because honestly, I cannot even remember) and it is Friday now, hoping to get this posted tonight...*

It's been a couple of days since I last posted and not all that much excitement has been occurring at our house. It was more of a low key weekend, which was nice. Well, I helped photograph another wedding on Saturday so that kept me busy for that entire day. And then on Sunday, Jay and I went to Darboy to do a little bit of shopping, while Ayden stayed at my dad's house to play with Alexis.

Jay was a party pooper while we were shopping and it kind of soured my mood. Next time I will be sure not to bring him with me and bring a girl friend instead. I didn't think he would be so uptight about stuff. Sunday afternoon I went out and rollerbladed 4.25 miles and then took Ayden and Alexis swimming. Both of them were jumping off of the diving board and doing a great job at swimming back to the side. I treaded water for 40 minutes out by the diving board just to make sure that they could make it back to the side each time. Yes, I am a paranoid mom (and sister) like that. They had a blast and I was so proud to watch them continue to jump off the board. However, the pool Sunday night had to be about 60 degrees because it was freezing cold! Ugh! I wish they would keep it a little warmer sometimes! Haha, like that is going to happen!

I have been doing semi okay on my eating and working out these last couple of days. (Okay, so today has been a super bad day for me... as in I cannot keep my hand out of the bag of chips from Chili's! They may only be super thin tortilla chips, but 15 chips adds up, and I've had WAY more than 15 today! Oops! Bad Ashley, bad bad Ashley, haha!) I did not work out on Saturday because I was at the wedding, but I was on my feet quite a bit that day taking pictures, so I think that sort of balance it out. Plus, I rollerbladed, swam, and did my workout Sunday night. Then I busted ass at boot camp yesterday morning despite not wanting to get up and go to it. I am always glad that I do go and I felt good afterwards, though, so that helps!

I doubt I will get a good workout in tonight. Sadly, Jay's great grandma on his mom's side passed away over the weekend, and we are attending her funeral tonight. Pretty much the second I get home from clinic today, we are dropping Ayden off at my dad's house (yes, again, the perks of living right down the street from him) and then heading to the funeral and probably won't get home until 9pm or so. I would love to work out at 9pm, but then I most likely will not be able to fall asleep. You know, working out has a way of doing that to you! Or at least to me! On a semi bright note about Jay's great grandma, she did have a good long life (she was 94) and although she will be sadly missed by many, she is back home now. In all honesty, I am not looking forward to the funeral, okay, so no one looks forward to funerals, but because I never really had a relationship with her per say, the loss of her life has definitely not impacted me the way it has the rest of Jay's family and so I feel bad for not feeling worse about her passing. I don't know, it's complicated. We will go and be there for Jay's family though, that is all we can do.

Ayden has been super sweet these last couple of weeks. He, of course, has his moments, but over all he is mommy's sweet love bug. I feel like I haven't seen much of him these last couple of days though. I was gone all day Saturday and he ended up sleeping over night at Jay's parent's house and then when he got home on Sunday he pretty much headed over to my dad's house until late afternoon when I took the kids swimming. He was home the rest of the night Sunday. Yesterday, when I got home, Ayden and Jay headed out to help someone with a deer food plot and I had the house to myself for a little while. That was nice because I got some homework and photo editing done. By the time they got home though, it was almost bed time for Ayden. And then today, like I mentioned, when I get home, we will be leaving for the funeral. Guess we will have to hang out tomorrow night and Thursday because on Friday, Jay and Ayden are leaving for Cub Scout camp thru Sunday night.

I am definitely looking forward to having the house to myself for a couple of days. I have plans with a friend for Saturday, but I am looking forward to having Sunday be just a relaxing day to myself... watch TV... not worry about getting anything done. I need a nice long relaxing weekend. Heck, I need a nice long relaxing WEEK!!!

Like I said... it's Friday now...

The funeral for Jay's great grandma went very well. It was so nice and sweet. Everyone went out for a drink in honor of Grandma afterwards, but Jay and I didn't end up staying very long. We both had to work in the morning and still had to pick Ayden up from my dad's house that night. Apparently, despite my best effort, when I'm often deep in thought about something I had a pissed off look on my face. Jay's uncle pointed it out to me. Oops, guess I really didn't think about that. Or maybe it's just him reading into things too much, haha! You can't smile 24/7. And to be honest, when he pointed it out to me as we were leaving, I was just tired, deep in thought, and ready to go and didn't really care what the look on my face portrayed. He'll just have to deal with it I guess, haha!

Wednesday night after I got home, I went for a nice long walk with my bestie, Victoria. The one I've been doing lots and lots with lately. Our get-togethers are truly good for my soul! Seeing her more often definitely makes up for having to move back to Chilton, lol!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Those darn chips will get you! ;)

And I'm sorry to hear about Jay's gramma. :(

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com