Sunday, April 14, 2013

{okay, i'm really fully crazy}

8c398c7abf489d6bc5907e383c8a2db3If you read my last post, you'll know that for a while, I was only half crazy. It didn't take long for me to go completely insane! No, I have not decided to run a full marathon (at least not yet), but I have decided to do the Tough Mudder. I have decided to do the Tough Mudder... two weeks before my wedding.

Yes, that makes me fully crazy!b8d8728dd9ce15778a7242243258850eAnd no, I don't want your opinions (or anyone's opinions) about how I actually am crazy stupid for doing it two weeks before my wedding. If you think I shouldn't be doing it that close, then please kindly keep your mouth shut because I don't want to hear it. NOT AT ALL! And if you know me in real life, you know I'm going to do things my way on my timing.

If you do not know what the Tough Mudder is, I suggest you visit their website www.toughmudder.com to really see how crazy I am. Here is just a little description of what it entails:

Tough Mudder events are hardcore 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test your all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. With the most innovative courses, 700,000 inspiring participants worldwide to date, and more than $5 million raised for the Wounded Warrior Project, Tough Mudder is the premier adventure challenge series in the world. But Tough Mudder is more than an event, it’s a way of thinking. By running a Tough Mudder challenge, you’ll unlock a true sense of accomplishment, have a great time, and discover a camaraderie with your fellow participants that’s experienced all too rarely these days.18e66c47a230d35417b69bdb2093b6b8Now do you think I'm crazy. Crazy in a good way, right?! Remember, no negative thoughts or verbalization about me doing this. I started my year of races in October 2012, what a better way to round out that year (minus January, since I was sick), than with this awesomeness of a race, although it's not really a race and I'm doing it with two friends, hopefully more, and we are just going to have a crazy good time! I honestly canNOT wait for this event! It is going to be amazingly hard and challenging, but finishing something like that is going to be such a great accomplishment in and of itself and doing it with friends will make it all the better!

Part of me was hesitant to write this post as I wasn't planning on telling many people about doing this race. No one would think anything of me doing a 5k two weeks before my wedding, but I know I'd get some unfriendly comments about how I shouldn't risk hurting myself that close to the wedding. Um, hello, I can get hurt at any point during any day. And really, if I end up walking down the aisle with a cast on an arm or a leg, it will just add to the day, haha! (Knock on some wood for me, will ya? Because as much as I joke about it, I really don't want it to happen.) And in all seriousness, I've talked to some people who've done it and their response and reaction to the race overall has just made me want to do it even more. They came out unscathed and had a great time as well!imageTough Mudder… come September… YOU ARE MINE!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey dude, I think its awesome! YOU are the captain of YOUR ship!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com