Monday, April 8, 2013

{strawberry-licious}

For whatever reason, I have been craving strawberries like MAD lately! I have always like the strawberry flavor in things, but never really liked the actual fruit itself, like couldn't really stand it. I am not a berry person, like at all! To say my tastes have been changing these last couple of months is an understatement. I enjoy a good salad, particularly those from Applebees and will willingly order one. Mushrooms on a pizza, heck yeah! Chicken bacon ranch pizza... yum! And lately, strawberries, can't keep them on the shelf at home! I've literally probably eaten three containers of strawberries MYSELF in just the last week! O.M.G.! Who is this woman?! I've been scarfing them down like they are going out of style, well that and the rest of the Easter candy we have at our house, haha! Love me some chocolate too. You know what would be even better? Chocolate covered strawberries! Will the number of strawberries I've eaten outweigh the number of M&Ms I've been shoving in my face? A girl can only wish, right?!

Strawberries aside, things have been crazy busy lately. I've been meaning to blog and have wanted to blog, but I just haven't made the time to sit down and just do it. Work has been crazy busy with little down time. What down time I have been having, I've been wedding planning like a mad woman. You know, when I'm not eating strawberries. Well, actually, I've been eating strawberries and wedding planning at the same time! I've been buying things left and right for the wedding and cannot wait for the packages to start to arrive! I can totally see how internet shopping can get addictive because I've been having SO much fun shopping for things. Lot of decorations, bridal party gifts, flowers, shoes, etc... it's great!

Easter was great around here. Lots of good family time! The weekend went way too fast, but I have to say that I did enjoy a few extra days off of work with Ayden at home. We didn't do too much relaxing. Instead it was busy busy busy!

This past weekend was more busy. Ayden had his bowling rewards ceremony, we had Easter with my mom, and a fun day with Victoria and Parker yesterday. Ayden and I, and our besties, went to go see Jurassic Park in 3D! Jurassic Park in 3D! Awesome! It was like a whole new movie and Ayden and Parker both LOVED it! Before we hit up the movie we did a little bit of shopping. I got me some new running kicks!

Last week I went for a run and decided to make it a longer run... 5.5 miles. By three miles my knees were killing me, but I pushed myself through and kept going. By the last half mile I was almost in tears because both of my knees hurt so bad. I knew that there was NO way I was running a half marathon in a few weeks if my legs felt like that after only 5 miles. It would be physically impossible. So, after getting the advice from a few people, it was determined, no more running until I got new kicks. I really had wanted to hold off until after my half to get new shoes because I wanted to treat myself for such a huge accomplishment. Not going to happen. I hit up an awesome shoe store in Appleton (Fleet Feet), which happens to be right near my favorite restaurant (Hu Hot) and got fit for some new shoes. It was crazy busy and I had little man, Parker, and Victoria with me, so I probably didn't take as much time as I would have had it been just myself with the lady, but she was still extremely helpful. It was determined that I needed something with a little more support, and that's what I got. I decided to stick with the Asics because I didn't want to switch everything way up this close to my half. The color of the shoes definitely aren't quite as bright as my first pair, but they still rock! (Even though I know the color technically shouldn't matter.)

Anyways, I went for my first run with the new shoes tonight. I have to say that I am already in love. I kept it short to 3 miles and I rocked the run! Fastest run to date, 3 miles with an average pace of 9:23/mile. I had started out thinking it was going to be a slow easy run, but for whatever reason my legs took over and I just busted it out. My feet felt great! My knees held up. I wasn't expecting to be pain free, but I have to say that only my right knee hurt and it didn't hurt too bad and it wasn't until right up at the end. I'm hoping if I take it easy up until race day it won't be too bad. Keeping my fingers crossed! It will get done!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you know WHY you're craving strawberries? Because if Mother Nature wasn't a total NUTBALL, we'd be picking them already! :)

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com