Sunday, April 28, 2013

{thank you mother nature}

I have a couple of other posts that I have up my sleeve, but they include adding pictures and I am not on my computer right now (working with the tablet) and that requires turning on the computer and these days that takes a good ten minutes, plus it also involves getting off the couch and right now I'm pretty comfortable, hehe!

The posts up my sleeves included one about a new squirrel friend, Ayden's first soccer game of the season, and our first trip down to the lake for the spring/summer season. Those will come... in due time!

I've had the last four days off and it has been mighty nice... not going to lie! My boss was at a convention in Las Vegas at the end of last week and since I'm technically still a student for the next few weeks, I am unable to see patients without a licensed audiologist on the premise... no audiologist, no work for the student.

I've kept pretty busy these last four days, not going to lie! The little man only had a half day of school on Thursday, so it worked out kind of nice. I picked him and Alexis up after school and they spent the afternoon playing together. During the morning I worked on quite a few wedding things, cleaning, doing laundry... kept myself busy. I didn't sit down and turn the TV on until after the kids got home from school. The weather was pretty awesome these last four days and I was totally bumming that I couldn't get outside and do some running. I'm being the good athlete and still resting it. Don't want to make something worse than it already is.

Friday. Another busy day. More cleaning, organizing, wedding stuff. Kept myself busy and the TV turned off. I've also been guzzling water like crazy these last couple of days. At least three to four large cups of water a day because I knew that if I kept myself hydrated I was less likely to snack on stuff while I was at home. That is my downfall. I love food too much and since I haven't been working out like crazy this last month, I need to start watching my food better. I think I was halfway decent with that these last couple of days. Although, the peanut butter M&Ms that I gave in to today were SO good! Does it help that I went swimming for a good 40 minutes?! Haha!

Anyways, Thursday and Friday were highly productive.

Saturday and Sunday, semi productive. Ayden had a soccer game yesterday morning and he did great. Pictures and recap to come in a following post. Afterwards, him and I went out to my grandparent's house and chilled out there for a little while. He ended up spending the majority of the day there playing with a cousin and Alexis. I ended up coming home after a few hours and then going on an impromptu 3.33 mile walk with Victoria. We finished in just over an hour... not walking too fast. After the walk, Jay had let me know that he rented a thatcher for the lawn. Because I was bored, the weather was great, and I didn't want to sit inside on my bum, I helped him outside with the lawn. I must have been really bored, haha! I never help with the landscaping!

I even operated the thatcher for the front half of the lawn. After that, I raked the entire front half of the lawn to get the dead grass up. I needed some sort of workout and the legs weren't going to allow anything too high impact for lower body, so instead, I did upper body with the rake. Took me probably a good 45 minutes. After raking, I vegged for the rest of the night. Enjoyed the nice night weather and hit the bed earlier than normal for a Saturday night.

Today was alright. Not as productive cleaning or house wise, but Jay, his dad, and brother helped put the pier in the lake by his grandparent's house while his mom and I 'supervised' and Ayden caught minnows. I really wanted to go to High Cliff State Park afterwards, but Jay and Ayden wanted to go fishing, so my idea was out. I came home and sat outside for a bit. I couldn't be inside. Just couldn't. I wanted to start a new book, but didn't have one on hand to start, so I didn't. That was okay though, because shortly after I sat down, a friend from down the road text me and let me know that she was going to go swimming. Um... great idea! I was home alone and desperately looking for something to do! Oh how I wanted to go rollerblading or running, but once again... didn't. So swimming it was! It was GREAT! I was swimming laps with a goofy grin on my face, fist pumping wildly in my head... all because I was moving and grooving and kicking my legs and my knee DIDN'T HURT! Oh how it felt good! Will need to keep the swimming up, at least for the next couple of weeks! Also, I've been missing me some hot yoga something fierce lately! Need to get back into the groove of going to that too!

And now here I sit, with a full stomach of good food ready for another week! Jay made honey barbeque ribs on the grill tonight and dang they were yummy! I topped one off with some french fries and a pile of fresh strawberries! Oh yummy! It's a good thing I went swimming today, needed some sort of calorie deficit for the ribs, haha!

I am SO not ready to go back to work tomorrow. This weather has been great and I am in full on good weather mode right now. Wanting, needing, have to be outside!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Anyone else on our street would be hard pressed to try and keep up with us.... For real! Good to see you today!

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com