Wednesday, April 10, 2013

{tuesday and wednesday blahness}

Tuesday

I woke up this morning feeling kind of blah. The weather is currently playing a major role in my blahness, as it is foggy and rainy and dreary outside right now. All ickiness! I didn't really want to crawl out of bed this morning and go to work. It was one of those cover your head and go back to sleep kind of mornings, but I got up, got myself and the little man ready for the day, and we headed out into the craptastic weather.

Part of me is still in denial that winter is over. (Is it really over?!) I mean, it lasted for so darn long and seems like it just wants to continue lingering, but seriously, we are in need of some serious spring days! Last week was great! Even though it may not have been super warm all week, the sun was shining and when the sun shines everyone's mood seems to be a little bit brighter! Well, at least mine is! Now only if the office that I worked in had windows so I could admire that sunshine throughout the day, haha! Someday, maybe!

I have a maternity photo shoot this weekend for a daughter of one of my co-workers and I am so excited! I haven't had an outdoor photo shoot in months! My camera has missed me royally! What makes it even more fun is that I know the daughter personally so it will be fun working with someone I already know.

Speaking of photos... did I mention that Jay and I got our 'official' engagement pictures taken a few weekends ago?! I am waiting to get them in the mail before I post some of my favorite! Working with our photographer is always so much fun! It makes it so much easier that both Jay and I know her and she knows us and our personalities. Plus, overall she is just a hoot to hang out with! I love helping her second shoot weddings!

Wednesday

The rest of yesterday was a royal mess. Okay, so it wasn't really THAT bad, but my mood sure didn't improve any and neither did the weather! I had a headache by the time I got home. I didn't feel like working out. I didn't workout. We had McDonald's for supper. We hardly ever have McDonald's anymore. I went semi healthy and tried out one of their new McWraps. Although the calorie count for the wrap that I got wasn't too bad, the sodium was horrible! And then to top it off, I ate a small fry with it. Which also wasn't too bad calorie wise, but oh the salt! Despite my meal being semi okay (for McDonalds), I didn't stop there and consumed probably more calories in chocolate bunnies than my entire supper! Ugh, NO self control this week AT ALL!

I literally crawled into bed last night around 7:30pm because I was just crabby and tired and didn't want to be around anyone. Fell asleep around 8:30pm and slept great, although I had horrible dreams about my half marathon coming up. Dang, just couldn't escape the bad day yesterday!

The weather hasn't improved much for today either. Did I mention winter was over, I guess I must have been wrong. I seriously need to move to a warmer state! I'm trying to make my mood better today. I have plans to go workout/for a run at the gym after work today. I know that I need it. Come this afternoon I may not be excited to go, but I know that I will not regret it once I do go. Keep myself busy and I will keep the food out of my mouth. That is my problem at the end of the day when I get home. Lately, because we keep our house so darn cold, I get home after work, find my spot on the couch with the heating blanket, eat like it's going out of style, and relax. I think that needs to stop! I need to keep myself busier and then I won't think so much about food. I think it also needs to warm up outside so the inside of my house warms up too because I have turned into the thermostat nazi and won't turn it any higher until next winter. Gah!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

This weather is a Debbie Downer. Every. Freaking. Day! I think I'm going to shine a big frickin' spotlight at my house to represent the sun....and install space heaters on the lawn so I can have summer whenever I want.

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com