Sunday, May 2, 2010

Not Enough Time

I’ve been meaning to blog all week, however it just hasn’t happened. After Tuesday night, the rest of the week just seemed to fly by! I went to bed relatively early for the rest of the week too, well Wednesday and Thursday night that is. Well, not actually to sleep, but laid down in the bed earlier than normal. Just didn’t feel like blogging, even though I had stuff that I wanted to blog about. Even now I’m not really in the mood to blog, but I have lots of stuff that I want to write, so I thought I’d start and see where I end up.

Wednesday at school went okay. Found out that I didn’t do as well on my online test for my ABR class as I would have liked. Didn’t fail it or anything, however for it being open book and online, I would have liked to done just a bit better. All the more pressure to do good on our online final, right?! I am seriously looking forward to that class being over with!

I started watching Avatar on Wednesday night and got through the first hour and really didn’t think it was all that great of a movie. I mean, it wasn’t bad or anything, but definitely not something I would want to go see in the theater. Plus, its a long movie and so I turned it off after the first hour and went to bed.

On Thursday I didn’t do a whole lot. I didn’t have class so I didn’t need to be on campus. I went in for about ten minutes to finish some reports and then went to work for a little while. After that, I came home and relaxed on the couch for the majority of the afternoon until Ayden got home. I should have studied or worked on my lab report or done something productive, but with it being so close to the end of the semester, I’ve lost pretty much all of my ambition to do anything school related or take on any extra work. It definitely sucks!

Friday wasn’t a whole lot different. I had my practical exam for my amplifications lab and I wasn’t too worried about that. Turns out that I didn’t need to be because I only got one point off for the whole 120 points it was work… awesome! It wasn’t that hard either. After that, I went to work for a bit, and since there wasn’t a whole lot that needed to get done there, I came home. Actually, I spent the majority of Friday afternoon running errands which kept  me quite busy and hoping that the bad weather would stay away.

Friday night was the awards banquet to which my mom, dad, and dad’s wife, Wendy, came along to. Jay and Ayden stayed home, which was probably a smart thing to do considering we really didn’t get a meal, the room was VERY crowded, and it cost $12 a person (outrageous for the crap amount of food we got!). My mom spent the night and came to Ayden’s soccer game with us in the morning!

The weather has been great this weekend which makes wanting to study a lot harder! I have a test on Tuesday afternoon and one on Wednesday morning, as well as my practical hearing evaluation mid morning on Tuesday. Which means that at some point today I will need to study, or at least start to study!

After Ayden’s soccer game Saturday morning, my mom treated us to breakfast at IHop and then Jay, Ayden, and I headed off to Green Bay to meet up with my sister and go to a benefit my friend was having for her disease (myathesenia gravis). It was at a bowling alley and we all got to bowl three games for $10 (it was only $5 for Ayden). I thought that that was a good price! Ayden had lots of fun bowling and I had fun watching him. I bowled only semi decent, but I never said I was a good bowler, lol!

Then we went on a hunt to find one of the waterfalls in Green Bay with my sister. We found it all right! We didn’t get as close as I would have liked, but it was a little muddier down there than I had originally anticipated that it would be and I didn’t have the proper shoes on to go any farther towards it. Maybe if I had rain boots on or something I would have gotten closer, but oh well! It was neat getting to see it! We also went down to the bay by campus and I took some pictures down there. IMG_5541It was definitely a good Saturday, especially since we stopped at Hu Hot in Appleton on the way home for supper, lol! What beats Hu Hot?! Not a whole lot, lol!

Today has been pretty relaxing a well. I took Ayden ‘fishing’ this morning down by the river. And by that, I mean, I took him with his fishing pole that had a little red fish tied to the end of it so he could practice his casting down by the river, lol! Like I would take him fishing by myself?! Maybe someday, but not today, and especially since I don’t have my fishing license for this year yet.

And then this afternoon we went and got some flowers to plant in our flower beds along the back of the house and did that. If you’ll notice, not once have I mentioned anything about studying. That’s right, I’ve managed to bypass everything and anything to do with school this weekend. Oh ugh!

Still have a lab for ABR to finish, and need to make it through Wednesday, then all should be well because the rest of my tests will be take home or online and only one practical left after that. Keeping my fingers crossed anyways!

I’ll leave you with a cute picture of the little dude! IMG_5577 CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: