Saturday, December 18, 2010

And this is why…

I heart Photoshop and always will!

Because I can take an ordinary picture like this…IMG_1896And with the help of some free actions and textures, can turn it into something like this!IMG_1896a copyI may be getting better with my camera each time I use it and each click makes me tingle, but I can’t deny that part of my passion lies with the editing that I’ll get to do with each picture too! I know that some people would rather ‘perfect’ the camera and the correct settings so that they didn’t have to edit so much afterwards. Probably the ‘true photographer’ would, but not me. Although there are techniques that I have no idea how to do yet and might never know, at this point in time I don’t care because I’m usually only making me (or friends and family happy- and they don’t have a choice but to say they like the pictures I took for them for fear of hurting my feelings, okay so they totally can tell me if they don’t like them, I’ll only mind a little, but do understand that everyone has their own taste and theirs’ might not be the same as mine, as long as they understand ahead of time what I’m capable of and don’t expect the world of me, we’ll all be good).

Anyways, I was seriously just playing around with some new actions that I downloaded tonight because I have nothing better to do (untrue) and opened the first scenery picture I could find and went to town on it and I really really love how it turned out!

And because I was bored before I decided to download some new stuff, I was playing around making a new profile picture for Facebook and this is what I came up with.IMG_3650a

Finally done with classes for the semester and boy does it feel great! I have a few things to turn in yet for my clinic assignment this spring, but nothing homework wise and nothing that I need to completed, just some paperwork for where I will be going. Nothing hard or stressing!

My last final (the dreaded balance one) was horrific! I think I maybe knew 50% of the material on the test and not for lack of studying either! I studied, believe me! Even with all of the procrastination I talked about, I studied for at least an hour (if not more) every night this past week, as well as for two hours before the test on Friday morning with my classmates. We thought we were prepared for this test. Apparently not. I’m not worried by any means about failing the class or not getting the grade that I want because I did so well on everything else, but just the fact that the test was so hard to begin with pissed me off. I mean seriously! And I know that because I had so much difficulty with it that one of my classmates had even more difficulty with it and because of that, it could determine if she passes or fails the class. I’m praying that she passes it because the last thing she needs is to have to retake it. That would uberly suck for her! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ayden and I ventured out to finish up our Christmas shopping today while Jay was a ref at his first wrestling tournament of the season. Why it didn’t occur to me that today is Saturday and the last weekend before Christmas is beyond me, because even in our semi smallish tow, the stores were PACKED and we didn’t get a whole lot before calling it a day and coming back home. Jay and I decided that we would go on Monday when everybody should be back at work. Overall though, Ayden was really good while we were in the super busy stores and had to wait in line FOREVER!

I also made two ‘tie blankets’ this afternoon. Didn’t take me as long as I thought they would and they turned out good so I’m happy about that. I did all of the laundry, folded everything, and put it all away and kept procrastinating on wrapping any presents. Maybe I can get Jay to do most of that tomorrow?! I really hate wrapping, mostly anything that isn’t in a box that is easy enough.

It looks like we will be able to fit all of our family Christmases into the three days that we will be home. That means… non stop going! Here is what I have planned for next week…

Monday night- the fabulous four will be getting together (kids in tow) for the first time since August. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that no one gets sick in between now and then because we’ve been planning this for a few weeks. I’m even taking Ayden out of school an hour early so we can leave a little earlier. I have no qualms with taking him out an hour early, especially since he hasn’t  missed but one or two days so far this year.

Tuesday afternoon/night- watch Kristi’s girls because she has to work and her hubby has a final to take. Totally love them and can’t wait because its always a lot of fun!

Wednesday night- going out for a little while with my classmates and two of my supervisors for an end of the semester/Katie’s engagement celebration. Totally our supervisors idea, we think she is craving some girl time because she has three boys and her hubby at home.

Thursday night- after Ayden is done with school we are leaving to go ‘home’, but before we get there, we are stopping at our all time family favorite… HuHot for supper! Can’t wait for it and we have some gift cards for it so we don’t even have to use our own money!

Friday- Christmas at my mom’s house, Jay’s mom’s parent’s house, and my mom’s parent’s house!

Saturday- Christmas at Jay’s parent’s house, Jay’s dad’s parent’s house, and my mom’s husband’s parent’s house.

Sunday- Christmas probably at my dad’s house and at his parent’s house and then hopefully head home late that afternoon and crash into our beds and sleep for 24 hours straight because that is a lot of places to go in such a short amount of time! But it will be great, I’m sure of that!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: