Thursday, December 16, 2010

Closing in…

Two more tests, one more report (of which I'm totally irked about having to write, but will suck it up and just get it over with asap) to finish and then I am calling it QUITS for the next 31 DAYS!!! NOTHING school related will be happening, whatsoever! Unfortunately, I doubt that that will be the case because I still have a few things that I need to turn in and get taken care of, but nothing I need to study for or finish after tomorrow, and for that I am grateful because this semester has just about drained me and I am itching to get out and finish my Christmas shopping and use my 30% off coupon at Kohls! Yeah! Just in time for Christmas!

I had my two hour long practical yesterday for my balance class and I have to say that I was definitely not as nervous about it as I thought I might be. I kind of sort of just went into what I call 'clinic mode' and pretended like I was working with an actual patient instead of just a classmate of mine who was volunteering to help me. I think that definitely helped, and the fact that I had my teacher as a supervisor all semester and I am not afraid of him anymore in that way. I know that I probably could have done better in some areas, but I also know that he wasn't looking for perfections so I better get an 'A' on that, or an 'A-' at the least because I totally think I deserve it.

I don't think I announced that I got an 'A' as my clinic grade and a great commendation from my supervisor (same a-hole that I hate most of the time)! To be more precise, I got a 98%... that is a SUPER high 'A' from the supervisor notoriously known for giving nothing higher than an 'A-' because you can always improve something. I was astonished! I don't think I deserved that high of grade, but I won't complain. It was just very surprising and made a great start to my week on Monday and I couldn't wait to share it! :) It was a big accomplishment for me this semester! And it means that I can do that much worse in a different class and still hopefully get a scholarship next semester. And by 'that much worse', I mean get an 'A-' instead of an 'A' in a different class.

I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for all 'A's this semester because it was a rough one. I got an 'A' in clinic, I'm thinking an 'A' in my balance class and balance lab class and an 'A' in my research class, but I'm holding out hope for at least an 'A-' in my ABR class and lab because those ones definitely sucked and I only got a high 'B' on my first test and a 'B-' on my second test and an 'A' on my presentation. This last test will hopefully yield me another 'A' and then I can do the extra credit for a few more points as well.IMG_3621a(I really just love this picture and the processing that I did to it. There’s just something about it that pulls me in, but almost any picture of Ayden can do that for me!)

The test itself was pretty easy, but by saying that I probably jinxed myself and now I will fail it. Actually, the test was online so we had full use of all of our notes and textbooks. Usually those kind of tests are more difficult, but that wasn’t the case this time. The extra credit was also pretty easy, so hoping to pull out a few points there as well!

I’ve been trying to study all day for my next exam and it is not going as good as I would have hoped. I’ve resigned myself that I am going to walk out of the classroom tomorrow crying. Maybe not that bad, but not keeping my hopes up that it will be good. If I go in pessimistic, will it really be that bad? Or if I go in optimistic, will it be better?! Hoping so!

Jay made this super good pot roast stew tonight! SO yummy! And best of all, I didn’t have to make anything or clean anything up! Even better.

I did a little bit of shopping today between taking my test and before I had to go back to campus for a meeting with my supervisor (in which she didn’t even show up for) and stopped at Bath and Body Works. I got over $100 worth of stuff for just over $50 with all of the great deals that they have going on and the $10 off card I had. They were having a buy three, get three free lotion, soap, body wash, spray deal going on and their hand soaps were on sale 6 for $20! So I got six regular size bottles of lotion for $30, 6 hand soaps (which I love and stocked up on for our house), and then 3 little bottles of lotion that they are going to premiere as new scents in mid January for $1 each. I heart Bath and Body Works!

A few more things to get as far as Christmas shopping goes. Kind of looking forward to going and getting that tomorrow after I am done with my test and work. Jay is going to be gone most of the day on Saturday to ref his first wrestling tournament of the year and so I will try and get a lot of wrapping done with Ayden then. Hopefully, hehe!

Can’t wait until noon tomorrow!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: