Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blizzard of 2010

I haven’t seen my future hubby really at all this weekend and it totally and completely sucks! Oh, I know that women do it all of the time and for much better reasons, you know, those brave wives who go through every day life while the their loves are fighting overseas, but I feel like complaining right now. Wishing he was at home with Ayden and myself, but alas, he is out plowing peoples’ driveways giving them a way to leave in the morning when they have to go to work!

So, while Ayden and I were at home all weekend (no, I’m not crazy enough to even think about driving in the weather that we have been having), we kept busy with taking pictures, playing games, and venturing out into the snow. I procrastinated on starting to study and have managed to put it completely off now. Will start tomorrow, I promise, hehe! I have all morning so I’ll definitely get on it, especially with my final exam in that class on Friday!

Here are a few pictures that I snapped earlier today of Ayden before we went outside. I was really trying for some tree light bokeh, but it wasn’t working as well as I wanted it to, but I think that they still turned out cute, I couldn’t get him to look at the camera long enough because he was busy watching a TV show. And then when I turned off the TV I lost almost all of his attention, hehe! But they are cute none the less!IMG_3530IMG_3536IMG_3548And then because he let me take some good pictures of him, I agreed that we could venture outside together and play in some of the snow that we got! We got SO much snow that I don’t even know where we will put it if we get anymore. We literally have more already than I think we had all winter last year. I don’t know, but it is really crazy! It wasn’t too cold outside today so I am glad that Ayden and I got out to play for a little while!

IMG_3549IMG_3553

Check out that pile of snow! That is just from our driveway! Good thing that Jay plows because he easily took care of that and we didn’t have to shovel any of it. Although, our duplex neighbors did get the small snow blower out that Jay brought home this fall and used that for our driveway. I know I wasn’t getting out there and doing it, hehe! Totally a man’s job. Okay, so it’s not, but why bother when Jay will do it and/or the neighbors will take care of it. My job is to provide the hot chocolate afterwards.IMG_3552Ayden and I had lots of fun outside in the snow! We threw snowballs back and forth with each other, shoveled a little bit (you know, because it was already done for us), and kept pushing our hats up because they wouldn’t stay on very good.IMG_3560IMG_3562IMG_3565IMG_3566IMG_3568IMG_3573IMG_3574

I love this picture of him! Oops, the snow went the wrong way, right into his face!IMG_3583IMG_3584IMG_3587IMG_3589IMG_3594IMG_3595IMG_3612IMG_3613

In these last few pictures we have a bit of the ‘Hoerth tongue’, a sneak at Ayden’s hand of Monopoly Deal cards (which by the way is such a fun game), and another super cute picture of my chocolate rimmed super cutie! I was able to get some of the tree light bokeh I was trying for earlier in the day, but not exactly what I was going for. In any case, I really just like this picture!IMG_3621One of my classmates got engaged last weekend on her birthday. I am SO excited for her! Her fiancĂ© did a fabulous job picking out the ring! Quite the rock if I don’t say so myself! Slightly jealous, haha! Actually, although I do like her ring a lot, I know that the one I have is meant for me. I am jealous that she will probably get married before me. Not overly jealous, but slightly so. Although, if she had it her way, they wouldn’t be getting married until we graduate. In any case, I do know that I can learn from her everything that I shouldn’t do when it comes time to plan for our wedding. It will come in due time, I keep telling myself that! But that doesn’t stop me from getting my wedding band out every now and then and putting it on with my engagement ring and seeing how it looks. Darn good if I don’t say so myself! I will be SO ready to keep it on for good come September 21, 2013! Can’t come soon enough, but I won’t go wishing time away. Time goes fast enough the way it is, if anything, I’d prefer to slow it down a little bit, especially with how fast Ayden seems to be growing right before my eyes!

Here is a 2009 and 2010 picture of Ayden in front of the Christmas tree. Does he look a little older in the 2010 picture. Maybe I should say that the picture on the left is the 2009 picture and the one on the right is the 2010 picture. I think there is maybe a subtle difference. Quit growing kid! Seriously, just stop!!!IMG_2797IMG_3539

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: