Saturday, December 4, 2010

Catching up, but not quite

My head has been feeling pretty fuzzy lately, not like headache pain and not dizzy per say, but just fuzzy and I don't like it. This has been a recurrent thing, not all of the time thing, but something that comes and goes every few months. I don't know if it is something that I should be worried about or not, but I do know that it is rather annoying and I wish that it would just go away. It doesn't help the fact that I'd like to actually get something done during the day and not feel like this, but I suppose that either I'll go get it checked out or that I will deal with it until it goes away, right?!

One week of clinic left and guess who ends up having the rotating slot... yours truly! Not really looking forward to it. Actually, I think I'm getting screwed because my classmate has a whole half hour of clinic tomorrow (out of the three hour slot that she is supposed to have) because her first year mentees have their practical exams during the rest of her clinic slot. You know when my first year has her practical, during the time when I have a fully booked clinic slot. Yes, I do realize that I will be getting the hours while my classmate who only has a half hour slot tomorrow will not be getting any hours, but at this point in time, I'm just ready to be done... done with everything actually.

It snowed out today, like enough to stick to the ground snow and let me tell you, I... HATE... IT!!! Literally, like wish summer was back and was back for good. Or that I was one of the three or four older couples that I'd seen earlier in the semester that spend their winters down south in Florida. Six months in Wisconsin, six months in Florida, I could SO do that!

Last week we had Ayden's parent teacher conference for the first half of the year and I've been meaning to blog about it since then, but kept forgetting too. I have to admit that going into it, I was little nervous. I wasn't nervous to hear that the little dude was doing horribly at school and misbehaving, but I was nervous because I had some questions on my mind about he really was doing and whether or not he was going to need any extra help... because I thought that he might (other than what he already gets for speech therapy).

His teacher is the bees knees. She is SO great! I can totally see my sister becoming a teacher like that. I don't now, my sister is just great with kids in that way and I think she will make a great teacher someday (it's what she's currently going to school for). Anyways, Ayden is doing great in school. He's not above average, but I wasn't expecting that, but he's not behind in anything either (well other than his articulation skills, but that doesn't bother me). He is actually doing really great in math which is awesome! And he is right on track for his reading and writing areas. His teacher covered everything I wanted to know and had questions about which was great. We were also able to speak with his speech teacher for a few minutes and he's doing good in that too. He still has some areas that he needs to work on, but I'm well aware of those and he is making great progress in speech too. Both of his teachers couldn't stop gushing over how polite he is. HA! He must be a different kid while he is in school! Okay, so maybe not because for the most part he is really polite at home. He's the average six year old when it comes to getting in trouble, thats for sure because he is definitely not always perfect, but I don't ever expect him to be perfect either. He's my Ayden and that is all I've ever wanted him to be.

I have a bunch of other stuff that I want to catch up on, but I’m in the crunch of the end of the semester and am super busy, so until next time…

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: