Friday, January 21, 2011

And so it begins... yet again!

I had a post all started and half written, but it's on my computer and I left that at home and I am currently at Jay's parent's house for the weekend with nothing to do at least one textbook sitting on the guest bed waiting for me to pick it up and study for an upcoming quiz. But, per the usual, nothing school wise will get done during this weekend. (Well, maybe since we are staying here for the Packer game, I might be able to get some studying done then, because we all know that I won't be watching it.)

I had a full day of classes on Wednesday and I think that this semester is going to be a LONG one! We have two classes with the third year students and I already hate it, and we've only had one class so far! First off, the class is called Practice Management and the teacher is a crock! I'm sure he's a great man and maybe even a great professor, but first off, I can't stand his teaching method or the fact that he already thinks that us Stevens Point students are slackers when in fact we are not. Just because we are on the other side of the screen and look like we are half asleep, doesn't mean we actually are! Look at the class full of students in front of you, I don't think their expressions are any different, they are just bigger and clearer so you can tell that they are not asleep, but I can assure you, they are JUST AS BORED!

We have to write a business plan for that class and I am actually looking forward to that. See, I've worked in the small business development center on campus for the last five years and I see business plans written by clients each and every day. In fact, my boss helps these clients write them! And when I told her that I was going to have to write a business plan she oh so graciously offered her help to me too! So, not only do I already have a working knowledge of the types of things that need to be in a business plan and the formats they are usually in, but I have someone who helps people with business plans on a daily basis in my corner pocket. I knew working there for the last five years would pay off with something (besides a weekly paycheck and awesome co-workers)!

The other three classes that I had on Wednesday were actually pretty interesting and I think that I am going to enjoy them (even if one of them is with the dreaded Dr. Henry).

I have one more class that we haven't had yet this coming Monday and it is the second class that we have with the third year students. It wouldn't be so bad, but some of the third years think it is their duty to talk throughout class and interject with their opinions with whatever they feel necessary. I have to admit that at times they say some pretty funny stuff, but the other half of the time, I am actually trying to pay attention and can't even hear what the professor is saying. And talk about complaining! They do WAY too much of that. Can't wait for the semester to be over with already! But when I really think about it, I think that it will be a good semester (keeping my fingers crossed anyways)!

Jay and I took a drive to Rapids yesterday to find where my off campus placement will be. We found that it will take me just under a half hour to drive there. The way there is pretty simple and I'm hoping for good weather on most of the days that I will have to drive there. I am actually looking forward to it, but I think I might have already said that, at least once or twice or three times.

A month or so ago, my friend and I rekindled our friendship that had gone to the wayside for quite a few months before that, but we never really rekindled it the way that it was, or at least that is how I feel. We have been best friends since junior high and of course have had our disagreements and arguments, but haven't ever lost contact for as long as we had this last time. And it wasn't so much that we lost contact, but that we just stopped talking. I hold my feelings in and of course never confronted her about it and just let it go. I pushed it out of my head and said forget her, even though it still hurt me to think that we might never speak again.

Well, we did start talking again, but I don't think our friendship will ever be the same. I'm sad to say that I no longer call her my best friend. We talk occasionally, well... we text occasionally, but never talk about anything the way we used to. I think we are on different wavelengths in life now. She is no longer someone that I feel I can call on a whim when I really need someone to talk to. I hate even typing that, but its true. So much of what we talk about just scratches the surface of our lives, but I just don't care to even try and let her in anymore. It sucks, but I think our friendship is beyond repair at this point. Maybe we've completed what we were supposed to as friends and it is time to move on. I don't know... or maybe not and I'm just being the selfish bitch who can't move past what once was and create something new?!

In other news... I shoved asked Ayden nicely if I could take some new pictures of him today and he obliged caved when I said that his cooperation would affect whether or not we would get dessert at HuHot tonight. I got quite a few cute pictures of him. I really just wanted some new material to play with on my computer and because the weather is SO cold here, I just couldn't go outside to take some pictures because I'd probably literally freeze my fingers off. I got one shot in particular that has become one of my absolute favorite pictures of Ayden and because I liked it so much, it was the only one that I edited of the bunch so far. And... because I didn't bring my computer home with me, I can't even post it on here right now. I do promise to post it in an upcoming post, with probably a few other ones that I will have edited by then. The only thing that I don't like about the picture is how old Ayden looks. My oh my, he NEEDS to stop growing, like YESTERDAY!

Okay, its 10pm now and Ayden is STILL up and playing Wii with Jay and Uncle Steven... I think it is time mommy intervenes because there is a certain point that a child can stay up to where he will no longer sleep in anymore. I'm sure other mommys would agree. You know, doesn't matter if you let your child stay up until 10pm or midnight, they will still ONLY sleep in until 8am! And me, I'm about ready for bed too!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: