Thursday, January 6, 2011

Too BIG too FAST!

My little Ayden NEEDS to stop growing! I have come to realized that at almost six and a half years old, I can no longer carry my baby around. Case in point, I could only carry him from his bed to his bedroom door this morning before he got too heavy. (Maybe its me?! Hehe!) And by carry, I mean on the hip carry. I can give him piggy back rides and cradle him like a baby for longer, but no more on the hip carries. Maybe its because he is getting so tall and his legs hang down so far or he's so darn scrawny. In any case, its sad. :(

And to top it off, he lost his first tooth last night! That officially makes him a big boy! He did great with it though! The tooth has been loose for quite a while now. We were just waiting for it to come out, but we weren't pressuring Ayden to pull it or anything. Well, last night he was eating an apple for supper (see, we just give him good tooth pulling foods to eat instead, hehe) and he turned to me about halfway through supper and told me to look. Lo and behold he has blood dripping out of his mouth and his tooth had almost come out, but not quite. I took a Kleenex to wipe up the blood and in the mean time grabbed his tooth and pulled it the rest of the way out. It was literally, just hanging there. Ayden did so great, he didn't even shed a tear!

Once it was out, I gave him a Kleenex to hold at the spot where the tooth came out to stop the bleeding and then I went on a tooth hunt because for the life of me, I couldn't find the tooth in the first Kleenex I used. The darn thing was so tiny that it was stuck to the Kleenex and I didn't even notice! After I found it, I had Ayden take it to go show Jay, but then he dropped it on the floor in our living room before he could show daddy. Tooth hunt number two! Took me a little longer to find it the second time, but I found it and in an envelope and under his pillow it went for the tooth fairy! So excited that my baby lost his first tooth, but he can stop growing any minute now... I'm serious! He has another loose tooth and it is just a matter of time before that one comes out too! Think he will have another apple for supper tonight?! Haha!IMG_4043IMG_4045IMG_4044We went out to eat with one of my old friends the other weekend. She brought her boyfriend along and we had a good time at Olive Garden... yummy! We haven't gotten together in a LONG time, so it was good to see her again. Unfortunately, we just don't have the same relationship that we did a few years ago and I'm not so sure that we ever will. Time changes people and people grow apart. Either way, it was good to get together, even if just for lunch.IMG_4009I'm thinking about getting my hair cut. I haven't gotten it cut since probably last summer, if not before then and I definitely think it is time for a change/upgrade. Usually I let it grow out pretty long and then chop it off and do something drastic. Not this time, at least not yet, hehe! Jay doesn't want me to get it cut, he likes it long and would rather it be longer than it is now than shorter, but I need a change. I would love to get it colored too, but we don't have the money for that right now. I kind of already know what I want to get done and am hoping it turns out good. I'm a girl of change and I think it is time!

And because I wrote this earlier in the day before I called to make a hair appointment and then didn’t post it, I actually got in for a hair cut today and below is the result. You can see a before and after by scrolling up to the picture with my friend and scrolling down to the one below. Didn’t get an actual day of before and after. I really like how it turned out and I think I will be able to recreate it tomorrow, hopefully!IMG_4055These few weeks of break are killing my diet. Oh wait, what diet, haha! Actually, they just aren't doing my body any good. I wasn't dieting, but during the semester I hardly eat lunch because I am gone at school all day. I eat WAY less than I am now and I am moving around more and being more active. I know that I could eat less and move around more while I am on break, I am just lazy. There, I said it. I am lazy and enjoying a few weeks without any stress and its making me gain weight! Ah! Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't in the winter and freezing cold outside (and most of the time in my house because I am a thermostat nazi and don't turn it warmer than 68 degrees most of the time because heat is expensive and unless I am super cold, we don't keep it any warmer)!IMG_4001And because our cat doesn’t get enough face time on my blog… here is a lovely picture of Diesel!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: