Thursday, January 13, 2011

DIY Canvas Art

Our local arts and crafts store (Michaels) is currently having a sale on just about EVERYTHING! I literally could have bought just about everything in that store! I can be artsy fartsy when I want to and not just an amateur photographer. Okay, I like to be artsy fartsy every now and then.

Michaels had two packs of canvas on sale and being inspired by a classmate who had created her own canvas wall art, I wanted to try it myself (and because I was watching some old episodes of Trading Spaces the other day and they were doing some wall art as well). A two pack of large canvases was $15 and a two pack of medium canvases was $10 and because it was buy one, get one, I got two sets of each size! I just couldn’t pass up the deal. You know what I’m talking about, I’m sure!

Not that we have any space on our walls to hang any new wall art… but I figured, that we will be moving sooner or later and will have make room at our new place. Or maybe will just make room at our current place too!

Here is a picture of the almost finished project I started today. I am totally loving how it is coming out, especially since I am definitely no artist and I free handed the tree (off of a different picture I saw). After looking at the picture on here, I see even more areas that I want to ‘fix' tomorrow besides the ones that I already knew I was going to. But I think that it is going to turn out really cool when I am finally finished!IMG_4205I already have an idea for the other two big ones that I have and I think I might have an idea for the four smaller ones, but not completely sure about those ones yet.

Guess what came in the mail today?! My book of photography and wowsers… it is AMAZEBALLS! I absolutely LOVE it and know that it was worth every penny I paid (almost $90) for the 80 pages! It turned out fantastic and is book store quality, although I wouldn’t pay $90 to actually buy it in the store. Definitely won’t be getting another one printed anytime soon, but the quality really blew me away.

Here are few pictures of the book, although they don’t really do it justice because it is SO much better in person. The size of the book is 12x12 (probably what increased the prize as well).IMG_4207I even added a dedication page to my favorite boys!IMG_4209IMG_4210IMG_4211IMG_4212IMG_4213I put so many of my favorite pictures in it from the year 2010. Maybe I will make it a yearly thing, where I make a book of all of my favorite photos from the previous year?! Who knows?!

I went to campus today and printed a TON of stuff! Like literally almost a full ream full of paper I already printed for my classes and they haven’t even started yet. A few of my professors had uploaded some documents for the semester already and I wanted to get a head start on printing stuff. The majority of the things I printed were long articles that we will have to read throughout the semester.

But that is about all I want to do when it comes to school already. Don’t want to get too far ahead of myself before the semester even starts, now do I?!

I heard from my off campus supervisor earlier this week and now I am SO excited to start my placement. I’ve heard really good things about her and from her email she seems very friendly and said that she doesn’t want me to fear the placement at all and that she is there to teach me things and not make me feel like I don’t know anything. The placement days will last from about 8:30am-5pm, which means I’ll have to leave by about 7:45am to drop Ayden off at school and head to Rapids which is about a half hour drive and I will get home most likely around 5:30pm on those days. Not too bad.

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: