Monday, January 10, 2011

Moving again, at least two more times…

No, we are not moving again, at least right now. We are ‘stuck’ in our current place until at least the end of May 2012. That sounds like a LONG time, but I know that it will fly by and I really do like our current house (although there are things I would definitely change).

Plusses include: it’s a duplex, we canNOT hear our neighbors, private backyard, clothes line, basement play area, two bathrooms, separate office, semi big garage, only semi busy road, close to Ayden’s school.

Minuses include: small bedrooms, small closets, small living room and kitchen, NO natural lighting (at least not enough), small bathrooms, BASEMENT play room (it’s too cold for me!), can’t paint walls, can’t have more pets, basement needs new carpet, just overall outdated.

Alas, a lot of the things I would like different kind of cancel out with a lot of the things that I like. I liked the layout of our old place better, but it was in an apartment complex where we could hear our neighbors ALL of the time! I’d rather not hear our neighbors and have the layout we have now.

With all of that being said, we’ll most likely have to move at least one more time before buying a house which sucks. And that means, at least two more moves, probably in the next five years. At this point, I HATE moving! I like change, but the work required, hehe, not for me!

Because my externship will most likely not be in this area, Jay and I will have to find someplace to move for that, and then find a more permanent job after that and then buy a house. Oh joyous world! I would love to find an externship that would allow us to continue to live in this area after my third year. That would mean Ayden would get to stay in his current school (or at least the current school district) and we could potentially be house hunting by this time next year. Of course, we could only do that if Jay had a more stable job and was bringing in more money. We are pretty much paying for everything ourselves now (with regards to utilities and such) with the exception of property taxes. It’d be a nice thought, but I have a feeling that I am getting a little ahead of myself.

I have dreams of what our own place could look like, dreams that I know probably won’t come true for another ten years or so. I figure at that time I’ll only be 34 and that isn’t too old to have my dream house and family, right?! My time will come, it’s just a matter of having the patience until that time arises. Sound like any other areas of my life (needing patience for graduating, getting married, and having more kids). I can see all of the possibilities that are just out of my reach. I’ll just keep reaching and watching my finger tips get closer and closer until I can grab hold and take off! Just watch, my time will be here before I know it!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: