Sunday, January 9, 2011

Phone the hills… the jewelry is in!

We got our sled on this weekend, well more like tube on! I can’t believe that we have been living in town for the last five and a half years and have not once been to the sledding hills in town! To be honest, I’ve only known about them for the last two or three years, but even still. They are amazeballs! It was probably best that we hadn’t gone until this year because Ayden is big enough to walk up the stairs by himself more than just one time.

We only were at the hill for about an hour and then Ayden wanted to leave because he was hungry. It was my fault, we didn’t hit up the hill until noonish and we should probably have eaten before we went, but I wanted to go before a lot of other people got there and it was too crowded. There wasn’t a ton of people there when we went so that made it better (and easier to get some pictures)! wintercollage1Ayden went down the hills quite a bit by himself, but he had trouble carrying the tube up by himself so he found out that if he went down with mommy or daddy, they would carry the tube up for him. Little sneak! It was lots of fun, but we found out that we didn’t go as far in our tube as we would have if we had an actual plastic sled. Who would have thought?! I’m sure we will be back there before the end of the winter season! wintercollage2Ayden and I even got Jay to go down the hill with Ayden a few times. At first he said that he didn’t want to because he wasn’t wearing any snow pants and he didn’t want to get his legs wet, but I secretly think he enjoyed going down with Ayden. Plus, they went farther when Jay went with him!wintercollage3I took another self portrait, but you can’t really tell that I got my hair cut with this picture. I just like how it turned out, so I thought I would post it. I’m fairly picky about what pictures I do and don’t like of myself and this was one of probably twenty that I took trying to get one that I liked.IMG_4071 copyJay and I got our new phones last week and they started working this weekend! Yeah! We originally had the phone on the left, and we were upgraded for free to the phone on the right without having to extend our contracts. Turns out that a new phone company has taken over for our current one and they were implementing the 3G network when they switched over and our old phones were not going to be compatible with it and so they were upgrading everyone who had old phones to phones that would work. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to pick the new phones and were just upgraded to the new lowest model that would work. I think the new ones are pretty sleek looking, but not something I would pick for myself if I were upgrading. The best part is that we can upgrade again in August (although at that point we’ll probably have to sign another two year contract). The only thing I need to do now is upload my ring tones that I had been using on my old phone to the new one. 

blackberry-curve-8310-cell-phone-review-2blackberry-curve

I was feeling kind of crafty today and decided that I wanted to redo my necklace holder. I mean the one I had was doing its job and it was neat because Ayden and I made it together, but I needed one with more holders. I had been looking around at stores for something that I wanted, but I couldn’t find something that would fit my needs. So I took matters into my own hand went from this…IMG_4183… to this! And all for only $3 (which was the cost of the hooks)! We had the wood in the garage, and it was already the perfect length when I went searching through our scraps. I sanded it a little bit, stained it with some stain that we had (probably could have put a clear coat of gloss over it too if I wanted to wait longer) drilled holes for the hooks, and screwed the hooks in. I have one hook left over! I really like how it turned out, especially because it didn’t cost me hardly anything and now all of my necklaces have their own hook! It also made me go through all of my jewelry and purge what I no longer wear.IMG_4184Other than sledding, we had a pretty relaxing weekend… cleaned, did laundry, relaxed, cleaned some more, folded some laundry, and read a book. Not ready for my last week of break because that means I’ll have to start studying again. Ugh! Going to enjoy it for all that it is worth! Enjoy every second! (Might even get another book in there!)

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: