Sunday, January 16, 2011

Finished, new project, and shaving cream art!

We now have two new pieces of art hanging in our house (and two old photo displays waiting for new pictures and a new house to hang them in, since I ended up having to take them down to make room for the new ones) and I really like how they turned out!

I hung the first one that I made in our Jay’s and my room since he wouldn’t let me take down one of the hunting paintings that we have hanging in the living room (maybe at our next place?). Oh well, at least it was able to get hung somewhere!IMG_4220Here is the second piece that I created so far. I only did the four the in the middle. The two on the outside (the car and airplane) were given to Ayden at one of his first birthdays by an auntie. I thought they worked well with the colors, except I didn’t realize it until after I hung them that they are different sizes. Oh well, still looks cool I think! I think I like the first one better than this one, but this one is still cool too. I love the bright colors on them!IMG_4218Here is some shaving cream art that Ayden and I created the other day. I was looking around for some easy at home things we could do together and this was SUPER easy and fun!IMG_4221IMG_4222IMG_4223Interested in making your own with your kiddos?! Here is how it works (if you haven’t already had this fun)…

What you need is shaving cream (foam or gel, but if you have gel, you just have to mix it with your fingers to get it to be foamy), a small flat container (the top of a pail of ice cream, a cake pan, cake pan cover, something of the sort), paper (we used white card stock because it was a little thicker), ruler (plastic one will probably work best, but I’m thinking a wooden one would work as well), food coloring, and something to mix the food coloring with.

Fill the container with a small layer of shaving cream. Add a few drops of food coloring (less is more), mix food coloring around with toothpick or fork, or whatever you’re using, lightly press down paper onto shaving cream, pull up paper, lay flat on table (shaving cream side up), and use ruler to scrap off excessing shaving cream, enjoy your creations!

Ayden and I had lots of fun mixing the food coloring around and trying different things, like the amount of pressure we put on the paper when we were pushing in down into the shaving cream and how we used the ruler to scrap off the excess shaving cream. And best of all, if you use good smelling shaving cream, your hands smell really good afterwards when you are cleaning up! In our case, I was out of the stuff I have and we had to use Jay’s, which meant that my hands smelt like a guy, haha!

I have one more canvas project that I am working on, hoping to get it finished before the semester really gets started, but watching paint dry SUCKS!

Jay has been a cookaholic these last few days! First he made a cake, then banana bread, and now potato soup… all without me having to ask him to make any of that! The banana bread was by far the best (even if it was out of a box and all Jay had to do was add some butter and bananas and maybe some milk)! I don’t care for potato soup. It’s too bland for me and not creamy enough. It needs more flavor, probably some cheese, and a few more veggies to be really good! His grandma makes something very similar (green bean soup) and apparently the whole family really likes it, but I don’t really care for it. Once again, too bland. Now her cakes, give me one of those ANYTIME!

CIAO! LOVE ME!

0 comments: